Freelancer - General Discussion

I unlocked Outside and now I spawn there, is there any way to avoid this (I don’t want to touch grass)

Before you quit the game, pick the next destination and travel there. Then quit by closing the application (not via menu). That makes you start the game in your basement, with all items you had in your inventory, and with the prestige objective picked. You only need to choose the destination again.

In Chongqing I was disguised as a Facility Analyst, ran past a frisk zone outside, and was no longer trespassing even though the guards got angry at me. Then the game crashed :rofl: guess I’ll retry, at least it doesn’t fail my campaign

And if you happen to be carrying an illegal item - you can’t be frisked, yet, you can never move outside of that gray box/frisk zone.

Woah I think we’re talking about two different areas. I was on the streets with a pistol. Where’s this cursed grey box?

Oh. You were outside. This gray box is IN the facility. Well, there are 2 of them. One can be backed out of. You can be in a guard disguise with illegal items, but they won’t arrest or attack you. The other (I believe) you can’t go back into the room you came out of because there’s no way to open the door to it (I could be wrong - I’ll check it when I play next time). You come out and the gray box is there with 2 guards demanding to frisk you. If you’re not in a guard disguise then you can only be in the analyst disguise or cook disguise. Neither of which should be carrying any illegal items.

I suppose it’s also possible to be in that red onesie disguise, but you’d need to come back up and go around… :confused:

Edit to add screenshot.

Edit2: I was mistaken. You can go back through the door. I guess I never bothered to try whenever I got into a spot of trouble. :joy:

1 Like

After a lot of pros and cons here’s my list:

1. Whittleton Creek: Nice small map with a lot of opportunities to lure suspects. Almost empty house with the plumber in, easy to lure guards into the tunnel at Janus’ house.
  2. Berlin: Easy to get the Biker disguise and it’s a walk in the park from there. Also easy to destroy any evidence.
  3. Haven Island: Lot of the map is legal to access in your suit. Williams mansion can be kind of complicated (transparent walls… huge view-cones…).
  4. Sapienza: Just get the scientists disguise at the morgue and you’re more or less invisible for everyone.
  5. New York: Also very easy and there’s a lot of merces to get. I usually just clean the security room by the vault and get the disguise. Nothing complicated from there on.
  6. Dartmoor: I love this map! Lot of possibilities to get anywhere. Also the more or less free bodyguard-disguise on the balcony outside of Zachary’s room.
  7. Miami: Could be higher on this list but the open areas are kind of annoying to do SA. On the other hand you’ll easily get the race marshall disguise and with this you’re allowed almost everywhere (and it’s a civilian outfit, so no one really bothers).
  8. Paris: A lot of great kill-opportunities, easy to navigate and a lot of exits. Can be a pain if the suspects are all over the map.
  9. Dubai: Also very easy to get a powerful disguise (guard outside the server room). Can be kind of boring and there are a lot of bugs in showdowns.
  10. Chongqing: If your targets are overground it’s great! Street guard disguise at the arcade, easy to navigate. If the suspects are underground it can be a pain.
  11. Mendoza: The waiter disguise it great here. Or if you don’t worry about enforcers the mercenary disguise. Otherwise this map has some donwsides like not enough crates to hide bodies on the tasting areas.
  12. Isle of Sgail: Depending on the location of the suspects this map can be either great or just boring and a chore. It has some nice kill-opportunities but other than that it’s more or less meh.
  13. Colorado: A great map once you get the right disguise (which is easy to get: no matter where you start you’ll get the point man disguise in less than a minute). What makes this map appear that low on the list is: It usually ends in a bloodbath if alerted.
  14. Bangkok: Not that bad but also not great. It’s easy to get the right disguises for everything but the map itself is kind of boring.
  15. Hokkaido: The hallways are too narrow to navigate SA and pull of some great kills. Often the suspects are in locations where it’s hard to isolate them.
  16. Ambrose: I still struggle to find my way in this map. Whenever I think I’m safe to kill a suspect, someone spots me through some crack in a house or whatever. I probably just need to play this one more often.
  17. Santa Fortuna: Just too big for showdowns. Once you find the leader it’s not that hard anymore. Just get the Hippie disguise and you’re allowed almost everywhere as a civilian.
  18. Mumbai: As much fun as this map is in contract mode or story mode, as annoying it is for showdowns. Too many enforcers without any logic behind it.
  19. Marrakesh: Actually wouldn’t be that bad. But the market place is an absolute horrorshow for isolating a suspect. Easiest way is to clean the tunnel, lure all the suspects there and just light them on fire with the barrell down there.
1 Like

The Cold Feet Challenge

Exit 20 missions without eliminating all targets.

How many do you eliminate before leaving to get credit.

Example say I have 4 in Whittleton Creek

Note my final 2 destinations after this map are

New York and Colorado and it’s the 18th and final for this campaign. So knowing that.

Should I wait and do this at the beginning of a campaign where it’s 4 vs 9 in a showdown being alerted.

I just never know when to leave. I know I can’t quit or exit that will lose everything.

When you do a successful cold feet do you still lose all freelancer tools ?

You can leave without eliminating anyone at all and it will still progress Cold Feet. I got it by simply leaving the first 2 missions on a loop but you can just leave any non-alerted mission if you want to retain campaign progress (you only lose your tools if you leave an alerted level).

Will this also alert the showdown for the final of that block

That depends. Leaving a level will alert 2 other levels in that syndicate, but if some other unalerted levels remain you could do the showdown on them.

Thanks, I’ll try. Also on a side note.

The wicker man in Colorado worked, all though I couldn’t get the scarecrow disquise to the tower in the 9 showdown plus it was on master mode

2 suspects and lookouts assassins were right at the scarecrow

But next campaign 4 this time I had more room to get the scarecrow to the tower.

I also got the cheese challenge by Taking everyone out.

I wish this was available on all maps.

After 17 months of playing Freelancer, I’ve finally managed to unlock all the standard challenges (excluding Prestige).

At the moment, I don’t plan on advancing into the next stage of Prestige as I much prefer playing Freelancer knowing I have a full inventory in the basement. This may be something I dive into in the future to pass time whilst we patiently wait for the next Hitman game :grin:

12 Likes

once i finish this campaign i will throw away all my hard earned items into the hardcore abyss

e: i died, same effect

5 Likes

I’m almost completed all prestige challenges. I hate them, but I want to complete. I advanced 7 times end I almost completed the 8th. I can’t wait the end of this boring series of challenges. Then, my objective will be ignoring money and weapons to get faster 100 campaigns. Now I’m at 42/100

2 Likes

When I get to the very last prestige to complete all challenges, that’s when I’m gonna collect the Silverballer, fiber wire and Mercers in the briefcase hidden behind the shed, so I can finally collect them for the prestige, two things I will never do again once that moment comes, so I’ll tie them in together.

Can you collect those things whenever you go back to the safehouse or is it one time only ever?

Only once sadly :confused:

:merces:

2 Likes

1 Paris
2 Dartmoor
3 Whittleton Creek
4 Mendoza
5 Colorado
6 Dubai

• Colorado - ? Too much guard traffic everywhere.
  • Whittleton Creek - ? Great map for non-showdowns. (tooo small for 9 suspects roaming around for the final showdown).

Hate

1 Santa Fortuna
2 Mumbai
3 Sapienza
4 Bangkok
5 Hokkaido
6 Berlin

Berlin? - I think Berlin is a great map for everything including showdowns. Plus the biker costume allows for carrying a sniper rifle. It is the best sniper rifle map.

In terms of the worst maps it has to be Marrakesh and Colorado, IMHO.

It is difficult to do “silent assassin suit only” in Marrakesh in the heavily populated market area, and the shopkeeper that follows you around gets annoying the hundredth time it happens. I bring a remote demo block to blow him up, just in case this shopkeeper is a target.

The outside area surrounding Colorado in the Southern part especially is difficult to navigate because the tracks are in two lanes, and you can only cross between lanes at certain points. Colorado was a map rushed in 2016 because IOI was in financial difficulty.

Santa Fortuna - Mumbai - Sapienza - Bangkok - Hokkaido - Chongqing are fine for non-showdown maps.

Bangkok was also a rushed map like Marrakesh in 2016 where it is clear that the Ken Morgan side of the hotel is undercooked, compared to Jordan Cross’ side.

Hokkaido and Chonqing are similar in having quite a few linear corridors.

They could have make the ICA Facility and New Zealand into a map for non-showdowns.
All the DLC maps such as The Icon - The Author - The Patient Zero - Paris at Christmas Time etc. would have been good maps for Freelancer too.

3 Likes

The only time Colorado is trouble is if beginning on top of the tower on master mode. Because of 3 on the roof. On pro only 2 are and easily time when going down. If starting anywhere else Colorado is easy.

I usually spawn in 3 spots, the main , the tower, and by the house. The main, you can hit the generator and get a guard disguise in seconds.

From the house, you can easily get to an elite guard before Berg comes up the steps.

From there, I’ll get rid of cameras , guys on the roof by tower and use a sieker on the 2 guards by the path near the scarecrow. With a sniper on the roof I can then easily hit the 4 bells and grill everyone if I’m doing burning man challenge. Or I do the challenges on the list I can easily find the actual target and get him isolated and finish him off.

But I never had trouble except 9 on master starting on the tower. Love Colorado

Even when I played the regular campaign before freelancer.

I loved a different concept of having an entire map of guards. It was different, very unique. Very unknown. Dangers are always easy when you know what you getting into.

And The wicker man in Colorado is the best challenge ever created.

The part I hate Berlin is near the bar where Florida man is, I just hate it there.

Sometimes I get bugs where a target is stuck where the fan is

2 Likes