World of Assassination 2024 teaser

Eh, possible, but I doubt they’d be looming over IOI’s shoulders to that degree. I’m sure they understand such things are common in video games.

2 Likes

My whish for 2024.

Make ET’s Permanent.
Bring back Ghost Mode.
Bring back Sniper Assassin CO-OP.

Now imagine… Freelancer + Ghost Mode + Sniper Assassin CO-OP + ET’S + Escalations + Contracts Mode and Elusive Target Arcade. With all those modes to jump in you will never get bored.

12 Likes

Maybe they want ppl to get bored so they’ll move to 007. lol

4 Likes

I’m won’t give it so much antagonism.
But I do expect the WoA to go into its final approach And I don’t expect any impactful or game-changing content.
I expect a wave, a smile, and a comfortable resting position for the long tail (yes I do wish for a proper one with all ETs available, and in general a full offline mode)

I just hope they butter the landing

6 Likes

Well, it’s starting on the 16th, just after ET Galore, to no-one’s surprise. Interestingly, however, there’s no suffix attached to their names. Are we finally getting permanent ETs, or is it just an oversight?

14 Likes

They may just suddenly realized that the game client does not have ET names with “Year 4” band attached.

9 Likes

The Lee Hong Derivation deluxe escalation is free to play for limited time for regular players!

10 Likes

Oh boy! I certainly love seeing The Collector and The Heartbreaker appear for the 10th time! And it looks like they’re doing the same ET lineup in the same order as they did last year! Get excited!

11 Likes

images
(It’s Groundhog Day tomorrow, actually).

7 Likes

Oh for fucks sake…

Year 4 is starting with four ETs we’ve had over and over for the last few years and the ones that have only been seen in Year 1 or not at all are nowhere in sight yet. If they are going to mix things up this year, they could have at least signaled it and least put one “new” ET that wasn’t Year 2/3’d in the initial batch.

This is just a depressing start to Year 4.

@Combatglue Can you get the message to the right place that this endless use of the same ETs over and over is exciting no one?

12 Likes

Oh please, be that.
It’s honestly ideal : they are more than enough for the majority of the year, and it will be pleasant to see.

A bit torn at the fact that there are four of them for a month, one per week. This would mean that they are going to be the only content of the month.
Unless we also have something for the ninth of February, before the end of the galore.

In all fairness, if it’s permanent release I will be fine with that. If.
If not, I will consider the game as under artificial-life-support (pejorative)
To come back to my last post, that’s no butter.

I will still wait for the announcement in the following day(s) to fully judge. Maybe we will have something more substantial (THE COIN) next week, maybe the more substantial will come later, and February is just a “make-do” month due to the pipeline.

3 Likes

Couldn’t care less about the coin to be honest. Give me a new escalation, more challenges, the same maps with different positions of the NPCs (to make them interesting again), stuff like that. I want to play the game - not just look at stuff I’ll probably never use :wink:

8 Likes

The coin is more a cheeky reference than anything.
And a bit of a personal canary in the coal mine, an easy indicator.

For me :

• if the coin is not released, it means they don’t (or can’t after all this time and other games to develop, which fair) care about the game.
  • if the coin is released as just a new nothing-special loot, almost a bug-fix, it means year 4 is going to be viable, but nothing to make me interested. (also fair)
  • if the coin is released with a challenge/a trophy in the safehouse, (or with a permanent place to loot it in the basement as an always present for all runs reward for the player, my recurrent wish), then I will be confident in Year 4 as a time of good curated content.
6 Likes

:eyes:
I have seen this.
I hear you.

So, for the fun of it, speculating now, if you could pick any ET, who would you pick?

14 Likes

The Fixer!

7 Likes

Meant if there was a new one :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes
3 Likes

If it was a new one, we wouldn’t be able to tell you which one we would pick, it would be new. The Fixer, as far as the game as it’s existed since 2021 is concerned, would be new, because that ET has not appeared since H2. So if I were to pick a new ET to the H3 roster, that would be the one.

3 Likes

I don’t know how feasible it would be, but I wouldn’t mind a retool of the Undying, If it’s a licencing issue. So, a new face, a new voice actor rerecording it. It would be nice.

As for a new new one.
Either :

• in a underutilized area of a map (hum, the streets of Chongqing, like a market in the morning, replace the rain by a fog/smog for the neons aesthetics, you certainly already seen the frequent Chinese New Year wish running around)
  • a new try at a target design that never was nailed (I always thought that the concept of The Brick Morgan in Bangkok was never fully realised. A target in a short circuit in public with no opportunities in their normal loop that you need to “unstuck” from and toward the outside of it)
  • a twist on the normal formula (I trust the designer here to surprise us, the Ascentionist with non-looped routine was fun, the almost absence of guards in the Garden Show was a good thought…)

Maybe not for an ET, but I always was curious about a “obligatory no disturbance” map. You are given a target, and a delayed poison (both in syringe and vial). You need to poison the target without any change to the map loops, no knock out, placed disguise only. As you exit, the target is still going in their routine, all unaware.

Besides all, I mean nothing big is truly needed. The Drop honestly surprised me for how much I enjoyed it. And the Drop was nothing special about it, it was in design a run of the mile mission, one target, one loop, multiple hooks in it into set pieces, unique disguise, no secondary objectives. But it worked. So I don’t think so many big twist and wishes are needed. The vanilla Formula is still comfortably it. (Chongqing streets would still be appreciated though :wink: )

So, outside of all I can say, it’s mostly aesthetics, set pieces, and what not. And I’m not good at that. Maybe just a look at underutilized mechanics. Like the Drop reused the select from first person while seated mechanic of New York, and the Dealer disguise lure.

I’m also still curious to see if any synergy will be made with the 007 game, or any other brand synergy.

5 Likes

There are ETs that haven’t been live (other than appearing in the Arcade) as far back as 2017 - ie The Sensation - and there are ones like The Warlord, The Fixer and The Angel of Death that haven’t been seen since 2019.

I think there are about 12 ETs, excluding the CelebrETs, that haven’t been seen since Year 1 or earlier. I’d want to see them all this year over any of the repeated ones that originate from H1 which we’ve had multiple times since H3 launched.

6 Likes