Upcoming Video Games

Thing is, I don´t really play fantasies, but I was under the impression that their fantasy RPGs (Pillars of Eternity I+II, Tyranny) are rather well regarded. Then again, they´re not 3D so I guess they don´t qualify as surpassing TES quite yet :grin: (oh yeah, but I will have to catch up on those eventually)

1 Like

Yeah, been wondering that as well… Death to Spies is going for No. 4 despite not being able to use that name anymore lol.

AP´s ending was self-contained (well, most of them), so there definitely isn´t any limitation there, but not sure why a sequel with a different name wouldn´t work. Dunno about the unwillingness on their part though. Urquhart said a couple of years back AP2 would be the one game he´d like to do, but maybe that´s changed…

1 Like

What the fridge is that ? It looks so damn stressful. :t_rex: :evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Looks interesting, feared it would be a survival simulator games like Ark. It being a horror game, gives me hopes that it’s a narrative game.

1 Like

Forgot about this game :grin:

As for Penguin’s voice… I never asked for this.

1 Like

I like his accent (comparisons to prior work aside), it sounds closer to an old-fashioned Transatlantic accent. It makes him sound both British and American instead of what Americans think British people sound like.

His visual design is pretty dope though no matter what he sounds like.

1 Like

Overview video for the 7th? release of Skyrim.

3 Likes

And we will sit down and be complicit cause Todd “Chessmaster” Howard is giving us the upgrade for free if you own the SE.

You either get GTA V again or Skyrim which in my opinion is leagues better.

I’ll play Skyrim again. Say I’ll do a magic build but fall back in a stealth and bow build out of habit.

2 Likes

Only 4 of those mods are free for the SE owners, the rest are for the Anniversary Edition which you’ll need to buy but yeah, still a better offer than another plain old GTA 5 release with no new content.

Pure mage is fun, on higher levels enemies don’t even get to touch you. :smile:

1 Like

Hopefully we get more memory to add more mods.

1 Like

I’m generally not a fan of first-person action games, but this looks so far up my alley it’s unreal…

4 Likes

Sherlock Holmes Chapter One seems interesting to me. It’ll be releasing on the 16th of November. It does happen to have a disguise system which affects how people act towards you and what evidence they’ll reveal. If you talk to thugs as a policeman you won’t get much from them, if you approach them dressed as another thug however…

4 Likes

First DLC for Far Cry 6

4 Likes

note that there’s a talking shopping cart in it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

A new Saints Row trailer just got released along with a release date, 23.08.2022

Also Starfield has a Steam store page now

4 Likes

Wait Starfield is due out next year?

I thought the first trailer they showed at E3 this year was just a concept piece and this game wasn’t due for another 2-3 years.

2 Likes

Upcoming Video Game… Movie!

Honestly the first film wasn’t that bad. This looks like it’ll be great fun with Jim Carrey back, Tails retaining his VA, Idris Elba sounds promising, and possibly less focus on the human sidekick characters.
(Apparently the fans are hyped this seems to be following the story of the games, so that’s cool for them.)

5 Likes

Never saw it but I hear that the #1 issue with it was the real world ads scattered through the movie.

Worst mistake the Sonic team did when they introduced humans in the Sonic franchise. I watched Sonix X when I was a kid and the human characters always weirded me out. Only a few years ago I learned that they original intended to have antropomorfic characters

3 Likes

Interesting detail.
I’ve got barely any exposure to the Sonic franchise so I’m not sure how that all went, but in the film they do the whole “strange creature ends up on Earth, must team up with quirky human guy to save the day” plot.
Weird angle to use for a Sonic film, but I think it worked out okay. I’d be way more down if there was focus on Sonic’s world however, and the trailer looks like it’s more Sonic+Tails instead of Sonic+James Marsden.

2 Likes

I mean I see that as a warning sign.

1 Like