Season of The Drop Roadmap - Fall 2024

The roadmap has been published:

https://ioi.dk/hitman/blogs?panel=https%3A%2F%2Fioi.dk%2Fhitman%2Froadmaps%2F2024%2Fseason-of-the-drop

Welcome to the Season of the Drop. This time around, we welcome once again The Drop featuring Superstar DJ Dimitri Vegas, who will make his comeback on stage, giving players another chance to take him down. Alongside the Elusive Target, four new challenges inspired by the HITMAN community will be introduced, a new The Drop DLC pack will be available, as well as a new Twitch Drop, five returning Elusive Targets, and the return of the Mills Reverie event.

Welcome to the Season of The Drop!

Welcome to the Season of The Drop for HITMAN World of Assassination. This time around, The Drop featuring Superstar DJ Dimitri Vegas will make his comeback on stage, giving players another chance to take him down. Alongside the Elusive Target, four new challenges inspired by the HITMAN community will be introduced, a new The Drop DLC pack will be available, as well as a new Twitch Drop, five returning Elusive Targets, and the return of the Mills Reverie event.

Enjoy!

Premium Content

September 12

Elusive Target: The Drop feat. Dimitri Vegas

Dimitri Vegas takes on the role of “The Drop” – a DJ-turned-drug impresario bent on controlling the scene one way or another. Your objective: to eliminate The Drop, one way or another.

September 12

Free Starter Pack and The Drop Pack

Free Starter Pack players will have a chance to experience the Drop mission in The Base - a Two-level Arcade contract featuring The Drop Elusive Target, available for free to everyone. In this game mode, players will be tasked with multiple escalating missions, upon failure, progress will restart from the first level and the contract will be locked for 12 hours until the player can attempt to play the contract again. The original ‘one chance only’ Elusive Target will only be available to World of Assassination players.

Here is how to access the Free Starter Pack for new players:

On Steam, you can download the “HITMAN Free Starter Pack” on HITMAN World of Assassination’s Steam page, at the following link.

On Epic Games Store, you can download the HITMAN World of Assassination Free Starter Pack at the following link.

On PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, you can download the HITMAN World of Assassination Free Starter Pack at the following link.

On Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, you can download the HITMAN World of Assassination Free Starter Pack at the following link.

Additionally, we will be releasing a brand new DLC pack to all platforms, The Drop Pack which includes The Base, a two-level Arcade contract featuring The Drop as well cosmetic items, priced at $4.99/€4.99/£3.99. The Drop Pack includes:

• The Club Boom DJ Suit

• The Club Boom 12" Vinyl Sampler

• The Club Boom 12" Flightcase

• The Red Light Flash Grenade

• The Base - Two level Arcade contract containing The Drop Elusive Target.

• A set of cosmetics for the Freelancer Safehouse fitting the Drop theme.

The Drop Elusive Target will be available for four weeks from September 12th to October 14th.

September 12

Twitch Drop: The Purple Bat

Alongside the launch of The Drop, we will be releasing a brand-new Twitch Drop, the Purple Bat. Link your Twitch account to your IOI account, and simply watch your fellow Agents on Twitch to unlock this brand-new item. For a reminder on how to earn this reward:

1. Link your IOI Account to your Twitch account.

2. Watch a cumulative 1 hour of HITMAN World of Assassination on Twitch between September 12th and September 20th, 2024.

3. Any streamer playing under the HITMAN World of Assassination category on Twitch is eligible for Twitch Drops.

Please be aware, that both the Streamer and the viewer must link their accounts before progress can be made towards earning the Purple Streak Baseball Bat.

We will also be reviving both of our previous Twitch Drops to celebrate the release of the Disruptor for anybody who missed the chance to get those items last time. For more details, please see our Twitch Drops FAQ.

New Challenges

September 12

Electric Trilogy

Make sparks fly when eliminating three specific targets to unlock a new weapon

October 14

Adding Fuel to the Fire

Reignite the flame with this mission in order to unlock a new weapon

October 31

True Fan

Choose the right outfit to complete your mission in order to add it to your collection

November 15

Surgical Procedure

Apply the right treatment to your targets to unlock a new outfit

Returning events

October 31

The Mills Reverie

Free Starter Players will be able to enjoy a spooky return to The Mills Reverie, where they will stalk poor Orson Mills in his dreams across three stages. Explore a nightmarish version of Hawke’s Bay and haunt Orson Mills’ night from the 31st of October to the 14th of November.

Elusive targets

Elusive targets

Alongside the above content, we will also be bringing back some of your favourite Elusive Targets including The Undying!

Welcome to the Season of The Drop

Enjoy the Drop’s encore as well as the additional content and stay tuned for more announcements in the coming months.

18 Likes

Funny that the Surgical Procedure reward/unlock/suit is not shown.

14 Likes

This finally being an unlock puts a smile on my face

And the taser and fuel can will be extremely helpful wonder why they didn’t show the suit for the other challenge

17 Likes

Missed opportunity for the Surgical Procedure challenge to come out at the same time as The Surgeons ET

11 Likes

@scat1620 hold the riots and pitchfork: it’s the ICA Micro Proximity Taser.:tada: :zap:

Good roadmap. Excellent choices.
As an advocate of “add items with that enhance the gameplay possibilities, and not just reskins” I am quite happy. Canister and micro proximity!

I hope it will continue!

Kinda curious on how the new suit will interact with maps, trespassing areas and enforcers.
It’s originally a disguise after all.
(wouldn’t be surprised if we end up with some interesting things like the ninja suit did, I will quickly check the Mumbai suit enforcers when it comes out)

12 Likes

So what’s the unlock on the 15th of November

4 Likes

By the way, with the Oil Canister as an unlock, does this mean that the Flour Power contract can finally be done 5 stars relatively easily again?

8 Likes

This accidentally turned into a long post, but here are my current thoughts.

The first two unlocks are two things fans have wanted for a while now; the former from Freelancer, the latter from Ambrose AND Freelancer. I know these are community suggested, but they are otherwise really good picks that I cannot wait to play around with.

The Micro Taser and Oil Canister can even be used together if memory serves, and might actually be balanced out because you need to take both of them AND know where a target goes AND do it in a non-public location. The Durian, these are not.

The Ghostly Fan is
a bit of an odd choice. This is a straight-up useful disguise in the level it comes from (in fact, this is one of the main ways of infiltrating the Author’s book reading), and I’m not a huge fan of having unlockable items or disguises that essentially cut out a piece of the puzzle of a level.

Had they recoloured this or just made this look less like the original, I wouldn’t have minded so much. But this is literally taken from the level and made into an unlockable. I’m reminded of the Developers’ decision in Hitman 2 for the Blue Flamingo and Cashmerian suit; both based on, but not specifically allowing for, uses in a level. That’s a better way of doing it in my opinion.

Of the Colorado ET’s, The Chameleon is automatically the best one (the restrictions aren’t terrible and he stays in the main house so finding him isn’t difficult). The Ascensionist is one of my faves, and ditto for the surgeons (The best dual ET in WoA in my opinion). The Entertainer is
a bit boring to be honest. The secondary objective is tedious, and killing Giggles is quite a linear affair.

Otherwise, the roadmap has a very similar problem to the previous two Roadmaps; It’s a bunch of content filled with reused items with the challenges, while they are spread out more, just makes the sentiment of the content being thin on the ground more apparent as they only cover so much ground on their own.

Elusive Targets are one-time, and once those are done, be it failed or passed, you can’t do much more. The roadmaps lack any permanent free content, and it over-relies on Paid content and limited time free content to fill in that gap
and unsuccessfully I’m afraid.

Once you’ve done all the challenges and the ET’s
you’re kinda left twiddling your thumbs a bit at several points in the month.

This is still better than the previous roadmap, if nothing else because Conor is not in it, but I dare say that was not a huge bar to reach.

I await any further improvements to the roadmaps in the future.

8 Likes

It’s funny, I don’t quite know what I’m gonna do with the Undying, because I previously only counted on dealing with him one more time ever, and I already took him out the way I wanted to earlier in the year. And the Surgeons I’m gonna follow the story path and use the lethal syringes on as always. The rest of these 4 ETs we’re getting, unless I change my mind on what I’ll do, are all going to fall to their deaths. It really is the season of the Drop.

5 Likes

These can also be used together!

3 Likes

I still would prefer the remote micro-taser. Wanna have control over when it goes off.

I have some good news for you? Berlin Mastery level 2 since the game release. You should already have it just by having played the level once.

5 Likes

Wait, really? How have I missed that?! I so rarely look in the menu for those kinds of tools, I’ve never noticed.

According to hitmanstat.us the maintenance is over, and the servers are back online.

For today, it’s The Drop, and the Proximity Micro Taser already available to play and unlock.
(and don’t forget about the twitch drop)

6 Likes

The Vinyl Sampler is a 3-count on a lethal melee item that is legal to carry. It’s basically like the shiruken but legal.

18 Likes

Huh. The Flash Grenade is literally just a regular flash grenade on the outside, but it’s actually the first unique FG in that it’s flash colour will be red and fires off confetti?

Interesting choice :confused::+1:

13 Likes

Tested. Despite featuring a gas mask, the suit does not protect against poisonous vapors and fumes.

14 Likes

I don’t have that much issue with getting the Ghostface disguise cause it’s really easy to quickly get in the mission anyway. Now something like Salvatore Bravuomo or Jebediah Block, I’d have more of a problem with. Anyway, I think of it more as being able to enjoy the outfit on several dozen missions, and if it comes at the cost of making one mission easier, that’s an okay price to pay.

Plus, it opens the door for getting several other cool disguises into suits: The Vampire Magician, The Motorcyclist, The Baseball Player, etc

14 Likes

I unironically would love a suit that is just hostile in every single map.

9 Likes

Awesome, so it really is just like Shaun of the Dead*!*

But does it allow for proper infiltration into the club, either as Boom or Hölle?

4 Likes