New Elusive Target: THE DISRUPTOR (27 June - 29 July 2024)

Wow I thought it was only a custom server for H3, that mod can really do crazy things these days :o

(Personally when I saw the octagon I immediately thought about this - I would never have guessed it was a fighting ring if that hadn’t been brought up)

2 Likes

I wasn’t talking about briefings or “THAT is [target name]”, I mean her commenting on how you killed the target in the end, if you went for one of the opportunities. The Drop had a few of those voice lines.

4 Likes

Hearing Diana is always lovely, but I really dislike when IO has her spoil every opportunity by saying things like “gee golly, it seems your target REAAAAALLY likes vodka” or “well well, it appears your target wants to meet this person that happens to be bald and has your same clothe size”. That kind off ruins the inmersion

If they give unique lines for Diana I hope is non intrusive things.

5 Likes

This reminds me the Absolution cage fight:

That could be interesting to have something similar for that ET…

5 Likes

Yeah they were really cool in The Drop. I’m sure Diana and 47 will have some classic quotes again in this upcoming Elusive Target :wink:

1 Like

I kind of don’t expect it to be a currently active UFC fighter or boxer. In the same way that some action movie stars have had contracts that say they can’t lose a fight or be killed etc, i could see fighters similarly not wanting everyone being able to generate endless memes of their likeness being killed in various ridiculous ways. Can’t damage the brand/ego.

Combatglue did tag John Cena in a reply to the official Hitman twitter post about this, along with retweeting a bunch of Cena tweets a few days ago. He’s also been in a few videogames before, and has a sense of humour so maybe?

14 Likes

If that is in fact who is voicing the target - that really is a dumb way to announce it. They may as well have just put his face and name on the image the Hitman account posted…

Possibly just a red herring though.

4 Likes

Yeah it could be a red herring, i didn’t see that as an official announcement though, more likely if it is Cena, then it’s a case of Samir/Combatglue trying to drive ‘engagement’. I presume he runs the Hitman twitter these days, and have seen him replying to that a few times using his personal account, so maybe trying to get Cena to retweet, but it failed. Or a red herring and i’ve been played lilke a chump.

2 Likes

John Cena? How are we supposed to kill a target we can’t see!?

13 Likes

It’s a new level of HITMAN

4 Likes

I’m kinda vary of any teasers being posted today given how it could all be Samir enjoying April 1st.

8 Likes

So, still no word today on whether this is legit or not? Late as it is, I’m thinking at the very least it’s not an April Fools prank.

1 Like

As a massive WWE fan myself, I would piss myself if it was John Cena. During his 2012 run in WWE when he was feuding with the likes of the Rock and Kane, there was nothing more than I’d love to have done than just strangle him haha :joy:

If this comes to fruition, 47 can grant me my wish haha

3 Likes

If it’s an April Fool’s prank then Samir should be fired for posting it in March

3 Likes

I dont have Facebook so i cant check therefore will anyone check if its still up?

Its april 2nd now so if its still up, it must be legit.

1 Like

Just checked it’s still up so it should be actually happening

2 Likes

I won’t bet on this was April’s joke.
Timings of the post were just a coincidence I rekon

4 Likes

Hm, my line of thinking for who might be the new “celebrity” is a little different from what I’m seeing from everyone else. Sean Bean is a big celebrity that they brought in to pretty much launch Hitman 2, but the surprise ET that the Drop turned out to be was for someone I don’t think many of us had heard of.

I remember hearing that Dimitri Vegas had done some voice work for other games like DLC characters for Mortal Kombat which made me think that he just probably had an agent that was trying to bridge him into video games.

I figured that if I could figure out who his talent agency was, I could maybe see if there were any MMA fighters that had also done voice work and that would be our best guess. Turns out Dimitri Vegas’s talent agency is his ACTUAL talent agency. As in, he owns a talent agency called Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike or also named the “THE SMASH UNIVERSE AGENCY” as it’s called on a few websites.

One website I found is Dimitri Vegas / The Smash Universe Agency Launch

The two-time voted #1 DJ’s in the world, Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike are adding “entrepreneurs” to their repertoire by opening up a music, gaming, and lifestyle agency named The Smash Universe.

The company will focus on content creators, gamers, and lifestyle influencers providing management, creative services, and PR/marketing concepts, in addition to developing both real-life and digital events.

I can’t find an actual website because all searches for THE SMASH UNIVERSE brings up results for fucking Smash Bros. Universe (insert joke about the new ET being star fox here) and the website that other articles link to seems to be a vacant domain.

Another article I found at https://edm.com/industry/dimitri-vegas-like-mike-gaming-agency-the-smash-universe

starts with

Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike have teamed up with video game industry mainstay Miranda Huybers for their new gaming, music, and lifestyle agency, The Smash Universe . The organization will provide management assistance to content creators and gamers in addition to developing both real-life and digital events. They also will partner with global brands and use their platform to expand online and offline exposure to help their partners’ marketing and public relations efforts.

so before I go any further down this rabbit hole, I’m just going to say that I’m guessing the reason we got the Drop as a Celeb ET was because this DJ dude is starting his own talent agency and looking to make some projects happen. I’m sure some small deal with IOI was reached, possibly with IO getting paid to make it to give some more celebrity to Vegas and not the other way around, and I’m then guessing this next ET with be in a similar vein. I liked the drop, and I’m not trying to trash the guy, but I don’t think IO benefited from having a random DJ be a character in their game. On the other hand he would benefit from growing his profile in the medium as well as having something he could show potential clients looking for an agency.

If we find an MMA fighter tied to his agency, that would be our best bet, but it could be a rando youtuber or influencer who’s ingame character is a fighter. youtuber celebrity boxing has been a popular thing for whatever reason the past few years.

That’s my best guess at least. I’m not sure my interest goes beyond the 15 minutes it took to look up, so it’s not a lot, but is kind of interesting. As funny as the idea that hitman lives on via ecelebrity vanity projects, I am happy with anything we get at this stage of the game. New Et that unlock the person’s suit is more than I thought we’d be getting this many years after H3 launched.

7 Likes

Curious to think when it may be dropping in the coming months. What counts as the Spring season for IOI? Assuming that this content is releasing in the next two months before June (which to my understanding is part of the Summer months), then there should be another surprise patch coming up that will release the content onto the servers.

Or if this ET is beyond the length of the Undying Roadmap’s content, then I presume the patch that contains the mission has to be after June 10th which is the end date of the Liability Elusive Target.

I said earlier in the thread its almost definitely June, more specifically I’m guessing June 14th.

• Officially Summer starts June 20th - so they’re not wrong/lying in the announcement.
  • Typically the CelebrETs get their own dedicated 30-day run with no other ETs going live in that time. ETs, as you noted, are planned up to June 10th and I can’t see why they would suddenly buck that trend now.
  • Its unlikely they’re going to re-jig the current roadmap and create confusion (though it is IO so who knows on this one…).
  • It allows them to open the next roadmap with something big (not to mention new as well).
  • June 14th is the first Friday after the current roadmap ends and the currently planned ETs close out.
4 Likes