Hitman WOA - Challenge Ideas

i really appreciate the feedback on my ideas! im glad they were interesting enough to spark discussion and will adjust them accordingly

yea my idea was i really like the social aspect of contracts and wish people would make more and really really hone in on making brilliant ones outside of HMF which does great stuff. when i was a kid there was these games called Little Big Planet which would reward you for making levels that the playerbase really liked. I originally was thinking of making it dependent on getting favorited a certain amount of times or getting on trending but i think these ideas are walking on thin ice a little bit in terms of potentially encouraging botting or begging
 we can workshop it a little more, im open for suggestions because yea it needs more honing but the base idea i think could be great

as for the Featured Contract one, yea i have come up with a complete rework of it: i think just making a HMF account or making one and getting enough trust level and linking it should be the requirement instead. it still encourages engaging with the fanbase but without the scarcity that makes rewards like that catnip for bad actors

tho one thing i will add about the predator challenge:

i will go to bat for my Predator challenge because the idea of it is not to restrict players from KOing necessarily but to instead encourage them to kill guards with the machete. Hence why non-target eliminations are allowed. the idea is to harken back to the scrapped Predator challenge pack in Colombia, and simultanously give people a reason to revisit a pretty crappy special assignment. so youre meant to act like the predator: instead of knocking out guards youre picking off people by stabbing and shooting them in order to isolate Blair. So the NKO element i definitely would keep tho the Do not get spotted and No bodies found are maybe too much. Maybe a SONKO but youre allowed to not only kill non-targets but get spotted and get bodies found would be the best avenue? tho that risks turning into a “kill everybody challenge” challenge

great idea. i will try to come up with revamped versions of all the challenges i suggested and will keep this one in mind especially. because i love the patient zero mission and that’s a way better idea, especially because it also harkens back to what i love doing in these challenge suggestions: referencing old bits of the meta lore. hence why my Master Mode Classics challenges exist: i think itd be cool to bring back something exclusive to H1/H2 and reference that exclusivity, but they also reference taglines of those old games so it’s keeping the idea of them alive in this newest game. so i really enjoy that element of your suggestion because it’s suggesting to the new player that the turtleneck is important to this mission and they wouldnt have guessed that until they look up the backstory of the challenge

very fun topic this is love talking to everyone here

If you’re on trending you’re lucky. It’s filled with terrible and downright rudely made contracts that fill up all the space actual contract makers would dream of getting.

6 Likes

The Thing with Missions that allow that types of things is that there either weird like Romania or impossible to mess up as you can just kill everyone who sees you doing anything. Theres of course the Chef in the Camp Side, so aside from him you can really just do whatever, which is why I’m usually against this, unless it’s done like in the Wrath Escalation where you’re objective is mainly to protect your body and doing what’s necessary in the process.

1 Like

Challenge name: True Fan

Challenge requirement: Kill Craig Black disguised as the Super Fan

Reward: Super Fan outfit

10 Likes

– I Paid For The Week, Lucas –
Mission: The Last Resort
Type: Feat
Conditions:

• Rest in every deck chair on Haven Island.
  • Have a massage.

Reward: Swimwear suit

17 Likes

The If You Know, You Know Challenge Pack:

Missions: Death in the Family, Another Life, (any H3 location).
Type: Feat, Assassination, Feat
Conditions:

• Ransom Money: Pacify any outdoor security guard with the [REDACTED].
  • Put That Away!: Assassinate Janus. Admire Janus’s painting with a different perspective.
  • Codes of Conduct: [REDACTED] with the keypad.

Reward: The “Secrets of WoA” suit.

9 Likes

Challenge name: Surgical Procedure

Challenge requirement: Kill 3 guards in Sapienza with the amputation knife dressed as the Plague Doctor

Reward: Plague Doctor outfit

7 Likes

-----Ghost In The Air-----
Type - Feats
Condition:

• As the Ghostly Fan show self on every active camera in Sapienza.

Mission - The Author

Summary

11 Likes

Challenge name: Magnum 47 OR Reaper PI (or something else)

Challenge Requirement: Beat “The World of Tomorrow” by eliminating all targets including the weapon while disguised as the Private Investigator and escape via speedboat.

Reward: Magnum P.I. look with red Hawaiian shirt, baseball cap, and blue jeans and functions as the Private Investigator disguises in Sapienza and Dartmoor.

2 Likes

Had an idea for how to award the Location suits when Live ETs are over:

-Challenge one

• Name: City of Death
  • Type: Arcade
  • Mission: Paris
  • Description: “Eliminate the following Elusive Targets in Arcade at least once:”
    “The Forger”
    “The Black Hat”
    “The Pharmacist”
    “The Identity Thief”
    “The Chef”
    “The Sensation”
    “The Blackmailer”
    “The Papparazo”
    “The Broker”
  • Reward: Tuxedo with Gloves

-Challenge two

• Name: Between Two Points
  • Mission: Sapienza
  • Description: “Eliminate the following Elusive Targets in Arcade at least once:”
    “The Deceivers”
    “The Twin”
    “The Prince”
    “The Badboy”
  • Reward: Italian Suit with Gloves

-challenge three

• Name: Greed and Ignorance
  • Mission: Marrakesh
    “The Gunrunner”
    “The Angel of Death”
    “The Entertainer”
  • Reward: Summer Suit with Gloves

-challenge four

• Name: Gun Show
  • Mission: Bangkok
    “The Warlord”
    “The Food Critic”
    “The Ex-Dictator”
  • Reward: Casual Suit with Gloves

-challenge five

• Name: Bloody Revolutions
  • Mission: Colorado
    “The Bookkeeper”
    “The Chameleon”
  • Reward: Tactical Gear with Hunter’s Hat

-challenge six

• Name: Terminal Hospitality
  • Mission: Hokkaido
    “The Fugitive”
    “The Surgeons”
  • Reward: White Yakuta

-challenge seven

• Name: The Hidden Hand
  • Mission: Isle of Sgail
    “The Appraiser”
    “The Stowaway”
  • Reward: Tuxedo, Mask and Gloves

-challenge eight

• Name: The Serial Killer
  • Type: Assassination
  • Mission: Freelancer
  • Description: “In any 3-4 target mission in Whittleton Creek, eliminate your targets and hide them in the following places:”
    “Manhole cover”
    “Garbage truck or incinerator”
    “The river”
  • Reward: Suburban Suit with Driving Gloves

-challenge nine

• Name: Wet Bandit
  • Mission: A Bitter Pill
  • Description: “Eliminate Galen Vholes by electrocuting him with his own sink”
  • Reward: Suburban Suit (vanilla)

-challenge ten

• Name: The Drop
  • Description: “In Berlin, eliminate a Syndicate member or Leader with a beat drop”
  • Reward: The Greek Fire Suit

-challenge eleven

• Name: [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Description: “In a Showdown mission, eliminate the leader using the robot”
  • Reward: The Ephemeral Suit

-challenge twelve

• Name: Whoever Holds the Sword

• Mission: Sapienza - The Author
  • Description: “Eliminate Craig Black with an explosive pen, krondstadt pen or ancestral pen”

-challenge thirteen

• Name: 
Decides Who Holds the Pen
  • Mission: Sapienza - The Author
  • Description: “Complete the conditions for ‘Whoever Holds the Sword’, then eliminate Mike Voht with an explosive pen in the same session”
  • Reward: Casual Tourist with Gloves

-Challenge fourteen

• Name: Fast-Working Disinfectant
  • Type: Feat
  • Mission: Colorado - The Vector
  • Description: “Complete 'The Vector’ silent assassin in under 47 seconds”
  • Reward: Tactical Gear (vanilla)
9 Likes
  • Name: (Un)holy Man

• Mission: Chasing a Ghost

• Description: While disguised as the Holy Man, eliminate 7 members of The Crows with the Beak Staff. Do not get spotted.

• Reward: Beak Staff

• Name: Maneki-Hitman

• Mission: Shadows in the Water

• Description: [REDACTED] (Trigger the Lucky Cat easter egg in Ambrose Island)

• Reward: Maneki-Neko Proximity Explosive (A legal proximity explosive with the model of the Lucky Cat statues)

• Name: My saviour!

• Type: Discovery

• Mission: Multiple (may have to be a challenge pack)

• Description: Rescue Carlton Smith in Hokkaido, Hantu Port, Siberia and Ambrose Island, and find his secret mural in Berlin

• Reward: The Star-Spangled Boxers/The Patriot’s Suit (The American flag boxers that Agent Smith always wears in-game as a suit for 47)

5 Likes
  • Name: Seeing Double

• Mission: The Author

• Description: Eliminate Craig Black while disguised as Craig Black, and Brother Akram while disguised as Brother Akram. Both targets must be conscious when killed.

• Reward: The Cultist Suit (The Cult Initiate disguise from The Source, slightly changed so you cannot start the mission with the disguise)

• Name: Master of Disguise

• Type: The Classics

• Mission: All

• Description: Complete all Chameleon challenges

• Reward: The Chameleon Suit (The Patient disguise that can be found on generic patients in Hokkaido, with the mask shown in the icon for the Chameleon challenges)

4 Likes
  • Name: The Terroriser
  • Mission: A Gilded Cage
  • Description: Eliminate 20 guards with an unsilenced SMG/Assault Rifle
  • Reward: The Mercenary Suit (The outfit worn by 47 in the ‘You Owe Him Nothing’ cinematic)
4 Likes

Map: Isle of Sgail (The Ark Society)
Name: Deep Impact (French: “Deep Impact”)
Challenge: Kill one target with a falling chandelier
Reward: ICA Impact Explosive (from Freelancer)

Map: Ambrose Island (Shadows in the Water)
Name: Embrace the Chaos on Ambrose (French: “Cahot et Chaos”)
Challenge: Kill both target with a single makeshift explosive and destroy the data center with an explosion
Reward: Makeshift Explosive (from Freelancer)

3 Likes

I find these challange ideas fricking great! And the names are pretty creative too, great work, I myself would love to see these in the game.

2 Likes

Challenge name: Master Tactician

Challenge requirement: Kill all 4 targets in Colorado, make sure you’re not discovered while killing them, and that their bodies aren’t found

Reward: Tactical Gear outfit

3 Likes

Challenge name: Booo!

Challenge requirement: While dressed as the scarecrow, kill 3 guards in Colorado after they detect you

Reward: Scarecrow outfit

1 Like

-The Authoritarian Hubris challenge series-

• Cap’n Crunch
      (part of the Authoritarian Hubris challenge series)

Condition - Kill Reza Zaydan using the “Napoleon Blownaparte” while he is speaking to the hostage.

Mission - A Gilded Cage (Morocco)

Reward: +2000 XP

:arrow_down:

• The militia discharge -

Condition - Kill Sean Rose and an additional 15 militia members using the RS-15.

Reward: +4000 XP

• Coup D’état -

Condition - Disguised as Cortazar, stab Don Yates in the back using the burial dagger during the providence meeting.

Do not get caught by cameras

Location - The Farewell (Mendoza)

Reward - +2000 XP

• Silent Night -

Condition - Eliminate the targets aswell as all the guards of the prison without causing a riot.

Do not get caught.

Location - Crime and Punishment (Siberia)

Reward - +2000 XP and The Warden (suit)

The Warden suit is an inspiration of Vitaly Reznikovs fur coat with the finishing touch of a Soviet furhat.

2 Likes

stuff like this has really made me wish we got a “Disguises” category of the suit menu, which lets us change into these disguises which will act as the disguise when on the map but on other maps will act as suits. Now I dont want these to be just suit versions of the outfit because I agree with IO that if it’s the same visually it should be the same game logic wise but I also dont like the idea of turning them into suits and disabling all unique functionality when it comes to contracts mode (unless they added the ability to make specific suits required and leaned more into some suits having different permissions) so i think letting us unlock disguises as stuff we can just wear would be a great compromise and that means we can finally unlock the Vampire Magician, Plague Doctor, Ninja, Baseball Player, Stalker, Scarecrow, Kashmirian, Knight, both Bank Robbers and many more

1 Like

I mean, the white ninja outfit makes guards hostile on Hokkaido, but in other places people don’t care. So the same could be done for the bank robber outfit, where in New York guards will be hostile, but on other maps it’s your default suit equivalent.

Same with the scarecrow outfit, it makes people hostile in Colorado, but everywhere else people would just treat you as if you’re wearing the clown outfit. They can place all these outfits under the themed category in the suit selection.

1 Like