HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

RPKG Tool v2.1 Changelog

• Added new search GUI search feature where you can search through either:
    • The currently imported/loaded RPKGs
    • The hash list
  • Fixed an issue where the folder selection dialog appeared after clicking cancel on the right click popup menu
  • Added a horizontal scroll bar to the Details section
  • The hash details now displays the known IOI string for each known hash
  • Added extra error outputs for the localization rebuilding functions when malformed JSONs are input
  • Added patch archive deletion list for deleted hashes in the “Details” view for patch archives
3 Likes

Got it! :slightly_smiling_face:

I accidentally exported all the depends of the other lifeguard again. Oops!

3 Likes

How can WWEV or WWEM files work properly?
In addition, I didn’t find the Ark Club armor in chunk0, I just found patterns with armor camouflage.

Where are Elusive Targets related files stored?
Let’s say a photograph of Richard J. Magee and Anthony L. Trout.

Bad question.
IOI is highly against of messing around with Elusive Targets

Oh… Ok, thank you.

As in change the suit which is used for each mission (as in making the default suit in Chongqing the Guru suit or something) or as in replacing the actual 3d models and textures with those of another suit?

The Second Thing. (characters)

Damn. Well, at least I can still change my suit at the loadout screen.

What do you mean by ‘default’? The suit that appears first when you open the page?

Repost from Discord:
Fun fact: PRIMs have .MATI dependencies.
The reverse .TEMP dependency of that .PRIM can have a .MATT dependency that has a .MATI dependency that will overwrite the .MATI dependency of the PRIM.
So, “00” the .MATI address in the .MATT.meta to turn this: :tired_face:

into this: :partying_face:

Disclaimer: This doesn’t make the gate work like a normal door. It just replaces the 3d model of the door to that of a gate.

Since the 3d model was flipped, I needed to use Glacier PRIM-IO once again. Thankfully this model was already in HITMAN 2.

There’s still quite a bit that needs to be done to call this a success.
1.Add door handle and lock to 3d model.
2. Rebake textures to include the handle and lock. (I’m NOT looking forward to this. :sweat: It would be FANTASTIC if I could just ADD materials. Maybe I can just find a model that already has 3 materials…:thinking:)
Update: I found a model that had the highest LOD with 4 materials. I was successful in swapping them out.
3. Since the gate doesn’t fit properly within the frame, I need to find out where that freakin’ door frame is referenced and remove it!
4. Give all the needed file dependencies unique hashes so this only effects the Mendoza gate.

So much work for VERY little payoff. Haha!

Note: Also, I’m really hoping that .MATT comment at the top will be how I can fix outfits to apply the correct eye or skin color. :crossed_fingers:

Edit: Uh oh… I forgot about there being TWO other persistent shortcuts in this level. And from what I can tell, they are all called by the same exact file. Oh well…
Well, MAYBE I can go back a bit further to see where they are individually called? :thinking: I dunno.

5 Likes

WWEM are .wem files generated by a program called Wwise (Which you can get for free)
WWEV are Wwiseevent files which some of them contain multiple wems.

1 Like

Paris has the Tuxedo. Sapienza has the Italian suit. I mean the suit which is normally only available in that specific location and is the “default” suit for anyone new to the game when playing that mission for the first time.

Why would you want to change that? It only appears once, which is when you first open the mission.

I’m not sure if my intentions really matter here

This is amazing. This is all I want. IOI, make them look/work like normal doors once unlocked. They are so hideous, I wish Id never opend them in the first place.

4 Likes

RPKG Tool v2.2 Changelog:

• Added an audio player for WWEM, WWES and WWEV hashes.
  • Added an image viewer for GFXI hashes.

10 Likes

I added in more repository assets to the items I wanted to have more quantity on, and also followed your guide to change the hex values, yet it still won’t show up having worked. Any ideas, am i correct in saying that you just need to add more repository assets and then change the hex values, or am i missing something.

Hey, big thanks for the H3 support for this. Not sure why but trying to pause the game with the tool doesn’t actually do anything. I wasn’t sure if it was just my game that wasn’t working with it? I’m guessing not as you stated some things don’t work.

Yeah, I think that feature is broken sadly.

1 Like