HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

RPKG Tool v2.0 Changelog

• Completely rewritten, streamlined all the functions, bug fixes, etc…
  • Transformed rpkg into a shared solution consisting of a DLL and a CLI component/program + a WPF .NET Framework based GUI
  • GUI greatly extends the capabilities of rpkg:
    • Treeview: Resource and hash dependencies
    • Ability to see all details for a given hash, resource type or whole RPKG archive
    • Hex viewer
    • JSON viewer for localisation files containing strings (LOCR, DLGE and RTLV)
  • Implemented revorb.exe for WWEM/WWES and WWEV audio file extraction when extracting to ogg
  • Implemented a master hash list that contains known hashes for all 3 of the HITMAN trilogy games

rpkg_IXv0m6vgme

19 Likes

I want to ask
When I update H3, packagedefinition.txt disappears directly
And I tried to edit packagedefinition.txt but any mod cannot be enabled :expressionless:

1 Like

https://notex.app/rpkg/
RPKG Tool v2.01 Changelog

• Added roughly 15k new hashes to the hash list thanks to grappigegovert
  • Fixed issue with the -hash_probe function where output was duplicated when used with multiple filters
  • Added new -extract_direct_hash_depends function that extracts direct depends to files and meta files
  • Fixed issue with RPKG Details tab reporting the wrong number of hashes and total hash sizes for RPKGs
  • Changed the default starting color theme to Dark/Red instead of Light/Blue
  • Added natural sorting for the RPKG archives when importing by folder or mass extraction
8 Likes

Thank you for your contribution in Hitman modding.

Don’t thank me, thank the person who made this :smiley:

I’m just hosting it for them since they wish to remain anonymous.

4 Likes

Oh, I thought you made this. Thanks to whoever made this then :smile:

1 Like

Is it possible for a mod to restore the Artic sniper shockwave ammo?

I wonder if I can mod this back IN? :thinking:

6 Likes

Would be intresting to see.

Also, have you maybe started with my Juno Playermodel Request. I’d like to have her, before I finish killing every Map atleast once. I promise I look at the Tutorial after that :sweat_smile:.

Nope. I haven’t started. Still have to dump and convert everything from Haven Island first.

Model swap crashing related note (for anyone that cares :wink:):
Turns out Agent Price doesn’t crash if used in Berlin.
@DrMekar, this might mean there won’t be an issue with this character. Then again, there might not be an issue on any map because she might not be in chunk1 at all. Still gotta test it out.

Also… the new RPKG Tool has a new command: -extract_direct_hash_depends.
It should make swapping .TEMP outfits a little easier. (There’s still a bit of copy/pasting and file shuffling, but this totally skips the step of getting the hashes from the .TEMP.meta, decoding and extracting those files manually.)
For the sake of disguises, it can take an outfit .TEMP, and export all its depends.
You then take the list of those depends, and output THEIR depends, and so on and so forth.
Up until you have extracted all the files that aren’t in chunk0. (If making a replacement for a 47 .TEMP disguise)
Unfortunately, I still haven’t found a solution to the crashing when changing back into one of these swapped .TEMPs :worried:.

1 Like

I see. Thanks for the Progress Update.

Hmm… intresting, since technically the Player Model shouldn’t have any connections with NPC. Price’s is most likely in Chunk 0 anyway, since it literally appears on every single Map in Hitman 3. (I’m not 100% positive on Mendoza now, though 5 out of 6 is still something.

Mostly. This has been established already.

Price’s main .TEMP is in chunk4 (Berlin) and the .TBLU.
Like I stated above, everything else is in chunk0 and chunk1.
I AM on the side of the internet that sees where the files come from, donchaknow. :smirk:

Edit: Forgot to mention, Sean Bean still crashes in Miami, so… :man_shrugging:

You gotta think about “who” Agent Price is in the context of the game’s logic.
Yes, there are other characters that use the same head model, but they aren’t the same combination of files that make up “Agent Price”.

Which file format are the textures for things like the Malbec bottles in Mendoza in and how would I go about extracting, opening and editing them?

Also, would it somehow be possible to change the default suit for each mission?

You could replace it with something, sure.

There you go.
Fortunately, the game DOESN’T :partying_face: crash when changing back into her on any of the maps (That I tested anyway). (But WHY you be doin’ that anyway? She’s NOT 47! :wink:)

If you DO want to use her for a custom contract (which needs to be offline, right?) she should probably be changed out for Patient 47 so she’ll have bare feet footstep sounds. (Why couldn’t Patient 47 just be unlockable in the first place? And work on all maps… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:)

1 Like

Thanks alot ;).

Maybe we’ll get it in a few Years :sweat_smile:

I’m sorry, but you took the wrong Model, which is the Model of the other Female Pool Attendant. Also could you make it Replace it the Florida Shirt and Gloves like originally planned? It’d be great to allow me to play as both Custom Characters without throwing one out. The Second Part is just a Wish Request, though and not a neccessity.

Oops!! :grimacing:

NP

BTW, for Sean Bean, using the updated RPKG tool I was able to export and patch all the essential files to chunk0. He no longer crashes when changing back into him! :partying_face:
I probably missed A file… (or two? :man_shrugging:) :smirk:

3 Likes

Unfortunately my latest effort crashes the game. I’m pretty sure I made an error SOMEWHERE. I will not be able to finish it until tomorrow. Soon™ (If only I did the correct model in the FIRST place… :roll_eyes:)

1 Like

Okay. Thanks for getting onto this so quickly anyway.