HITMAN 3 - Bug Report Thread

You’re playing on PC right? In PS4, he’s instantly there if you skip the cutscene. https://youtu.be/zfSVK2jPUxA?si=2fmzpT-rTENRnMcB
I think the platform has something to do with the issue too.

If I’m not mistaken, this guard spawns across the creek when this bug happens, so if you wait there at that bench for long enough he eventually arrives on his own. Not a fix, but it would allow you to still get the clue.

1 Like

Yes, I read your original post thoroughly and I understand that for you (PS4), he appears if you skip the cutscene while starting as the garbage man whereas when I tested on PC with keyboard / Steam, skipping or not skipping the cutscene while starting as the garbage man had no effect: he was not present until ~1:35 per in-game clock when he would appear from inside the creek, walk up the bank, and to the bench.

With the added oddity of the clue status, it’s definitely a bug regardless of platform.

Best regards.

Platform: Xbox One
Digital

Description: XP gained at the score screen counts both the mission, and the preceding one. Doubling the xp gained. Same doubling occurs for challenge (one campaign completed counts for two).
The challenge double tick can be observed on the safehouse return.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Start Freelancer
  3. Play one mission (takedown, showdown)
  4. Scored action are seemingly counted twice, once before the original score screen, a second time after
  5. The original score screen only show the first instance of it.
  6. As a first consequence, scored actions under a challenge see this challenge moving by two ticks. Observable at the return to the safehouse.
  7. As a second consequence, the XP gained on the mission will be appear on the next mission completed score screen in addition to this mission score. In essence doubling it.

Frequency: Always.

Note:

• Game crashed on a mission exit before the bug was first observed.
  • Only xp is doubled. Merces gained are not affected
  • The Player Profile level visible under career and in the main menu is affected by the double xp gained before the next completion screen. In a parallel to the challenge double tick.
4 Likes

Platform: PC

Description: The Club Boom DJ suit (or however it is spelled) doesn’t apply: if chosen in mission loadout, the base suit is applied (or previous one, haven’t checked properly). While in Freelancer choice menu, the suit just doesn’t change: the previous one stays.

Frequency: always.

Note: other items from Drop pack appear in missions properly.

1 Like

Likely a mod conflict.

I’m surprised no one has pointed this out yet:

Platform: Steam
Safehouse (freelancer):
Description: The new suit that came with the purchasable Drop pack has the incorrect name tag when you put it on in the mirror. It’s labeled [‘Char_Reward_Tomorrowland_Hero_DJSuit_M_Name’]

Steps to Reproduce:
Load up Freelancer, go to a mirror and select the suit.

Frequency: Always

Screenshots:

2 Likes

I assume your game is modded and hasn’t been redeployed since the update yet?

1 Like

I have like 2, but only 1 suit mod. Is that the issue?

Yes, updated and deployed all mods, now it works as intended. Thanks!

3 Likes

Sliding doors become impossible to open if you attach a taser device or similar to them (doesn’t happen with micro audio for some reason - I guess it sticks through the door less). This can allow you to get yourself softlocked in New York pretty quickly…

A shame because I wanted to rig a door with a taser and propane so when it slides open the taser will go close enough to the propane to set it off, but NPCs will just phase through any doors that are blocked this way…

3 Likes

Steam

Saw this mentioned on Discord the other day by someone.

The name of the challenge is misspelt for completing The Ostentatious Arcade contract. There is an extra ‘t’ in there.

6 Likes

New patch, same bugs.

Platform: PS5
Digital + disc

Description: “SAVING” is stuck on the screen on every Hitman 3 map. This is a PS5 exclusive bug that has been in the game for 3,5 years now and never been acknowledged. Never been mentioned in the known issues

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game on PS5
  2. Load up any Hitman 3 mission
  3. Saving forever

Frequency: Always. Every time. Saving.

Why do you refuse to fix this bug? If you are incapable of fixing it, it would be far easier to just publicly come out and say it. Game development is difficult, communication is not.

8 Likes

Platform: PS5, Digital

Description: Some objectives lack their unique objective markers

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a mission like patient zero or a contract in contracts mode
  2. Activate the parameters for a contract, like needing to hide a body or getting a non-target infected in patient zero

For example, in Patient Zero H2 vs H3

Description: Lack of cinematics in Hitman 2 campaign tab for the DLC maps

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Load up Campaigns → Hitman 2
  3. Scroll to the end
  4. No end cinematics to click on

Description: Elevated kills and knockouts default to the same, loud animation

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Load a mission with stairs
  3. Lure someone ont the stairs
  4. Try to silently KO the person with a melee

Frequency: Always, on any elevated surface

(trying to shoot my shot here)

Description: Any mission in PS5 has an infinite save icon on the bottom right

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start any mission

(next i’ll be reporting the Kalmer glitch :stuck_out_tongue: but im hoping to get some of these fixed now @combatglue is with us)

1 Like

That has been for all eternity, that’s a feature, not a bug

Description: Nolan Cassidy can’t be killed with Micro Proximity Tazer. It’s a common knowledge that you can kill him with remote tazer, but concealing new one in the mailbox just isn’t an option.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Start Another Life with Micro Proximity Tazer in loadout
  2. Attempt to conceal the Micro Proximity Tazer in Cassidy’s mailbox

1 Like

Description: Shadows in the Water mission just kinda… vanished. It is neither in the Hitman 2 capmain nor Hitman 3 capmain (and any other place except from Destinations menu):

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game and go to campain menus.

======================================================================

Description: Shadows in the Water now “requires” Another Life recompletion, otherwise there is a “spoiler” label, which requires to complete Another life

Steps to reproduce:

1. Don’t recomplete Another Life
  2. Go to Shadows in the Water mission

Frequency : Always
(it is definitely a minor bug but still)

2 Likes

I dont think the latter is a bug and the former has been noted by combat glue

I know, i was hoping maybe i can convince the devs to try to make it able to melee people on stairs as a little parting gift before support ends

2 Likes

This is one of the reason why I am still on ps4. @Combatglue please let us know about this bug which affect a lot of users.
Thank you

3 Likes

Platform: Steam
Location: Dartmoor Garden Show (don’t think it’s exclusive to this as I’m sure it’s happened elsewhere)
Description: This smoking waiter will urinate in the portaloo even if someone is throwing up in it (gross)
Steps to reproduce:
Load DGS.
Emetic someone nearby.
Wait for waiter to pee.
Frequency: whenever someone is throwing up and the waiter needs to pee.

5 Likes