HITMAN 3 - Bug Report Thread

PC
Mumbai Special Assignment

Security Guard sentries won’t let Security Guards into the chawls :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

8 Likes

Platform: PS4 - i installed Hitman 1 Definitive Edition - i know this is the first game but since the thread is closed, it’s important to notify it anyway

Description: All the missions of the other locations have been downloaded except Hokkaido: no story mission, no escalation, no Patient Zero nor the Sarajevo Six mission.

Steps to reproduce:
Launch Hitman Definitive Edition
Check Hokkaido chapter
I will try tomorrow if the downloading of the Hokkaido missions launch and update here.

The H1 DE on PS4 doesn’t have Hokkaido on the disc. It’s added via a single-use DLC code in the box.

If you have previously redeemed the code, you may just need to manually start the download. If you haven’t previously redeemed it, the code may have been broken by the delisting last year.

Xbox DE is the same, although it also lacks Colorado on the disc iirc.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, i just had no idea at all. I was sure i redeemed the code to download it but apparently i didn’t :upside_down_face: Well, problem solved but for the life of me i can’t figure why you would unlock Hokkaido that way. Hitman sure had a hectic development but they never made things go smoothly.

1 Like

Space issues on the disc was the reason behind it.

It was said at the time that they chose Hokkaido to do it to because it was at the end of the campaigns for the main story, Sarajevo Six and Patient Zero. That way regardless of what you jumped into first, you’d be playing other locations while it was still downloading and it would likely be done/installed by the time you needed it.

1 Like

Platform: PC
Digital version, Steam, must be same issue everywhere

Description: Very old bug that is asking to be fixed. Long story short, after you kill an NPC that found a body, “Body found” penalty gets removed, right? Because you killed a witness. Trick is, if someone else then founds a body, not necessarily the same one, and does NOT get killed, the penalty won’t come back. Might be server side issue

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Load the any mission/contract
  3. Kill any NPC, let the body be discovered. Kill the person that found the body
  4. At any time later, reproduce step 3. Kill someone and let his body be discovered, or lure someone to the first body/bodies
  5. Let them be, don’t kill the witness
  6. End the mission. There is no penalty for “bodies found”, you still get extra points as if that was never failed

Frequency: Happens everytime

Here is a great video from a community member, Cybore, that demonstrates the issue

1 Like

Platform: Xbox One, digital

Location: Freelancer, Syndicate Showdown, Wittleton Creek, but could happen on any location.

Description: two suspects had the right looks (brown hair, hat, earings, necklace), the right tells (foodie and sweet tooth) and were on the same handover agenda. Only the actual leader should meet all the looks, tells and agenda.

Steps to reproduce: it’s too random to reproduce

Frequency: once.

2 Likes

Is a choker actually considered a necklace? I’m not sure off the top of my head and not played freelancer recently but could be the problem?

It certainly counts as a necklace for freelancer. That suspect has no glasses nor visible tattoos, meaning she has only three of the six possible looks, the brown hair, the hat and the earings. I remember eliminating that suspect a while ago and I did not have any problem with an invisible tattoo if she has one.

1 Like

This one is weird…

3 Likes

Platform: All the platforms.
Frequency: Always.

1. Map Display
In Hokkaido, the map has a display issue.

[How could it still be broken? It’s almost the Year 5! (Image from @Count.Rushmore )]

2. Kill box
In Marrakesh, some stairs can kill people but some can’t.

[If the stairs of Marrakesh can kill, why can’t they?]

In Mumbai, the elevators might kill 47 while he is climbing down.
The lethal elevators in Mumbai

In Dartmoor, there are several breathable ponds in the garden.
Breathable ponds in Dartmoor

In Chongqing, the spot is super weird for killing…

3. Body-hiding Spots
In Marrakesh, some of the out-of-bound areas don’t count as body-hiding spots.
Out-of-bound areas cannot hide the bodies in Marrakesh

In Dartmoor, there is something wrong with the river.
Out-of-bound areas cannot hide the bodies in Dartmoor

In Chongqing, some of the out-of-bound areas do not count as body-hiding spots.

4. Drowning Spots
In Dartmoor, I was expecting this work as the tub in Santa Fortuna.

In Ambrose Island, I was expecting this to work as the washbasin in Hokkaido.

5. Interactive Spots
In Marrakesh, it’s odd to see that some of the floors can drop people down, but some aren’t.
Some places cannot drop the bodies in Marrakesh

[Why we’re unable to push NPC into the water while we’re able to drop their bodies here?]

In Whittleton Creek, the climbing animations are broken.
The broken climbing animations in Whittleton Creek

[Actually, not only in Whittleton Creek, other maps like Chongqing also have the same issue.]

In Haven Island, the windows in the gym can only be climbed over on one side.

In Dubai, the walls of the attic can only be climbed over on one side.

In Chongqing, this interactive spot is being bugged.

In Mendoza, this interactive spot is being bugged.
This spot is very weird in Mendoza…

6. Double Optional in ETA
In Elusive Target Arcade, those contracts with Optional Objective will display double or even unsuitable [Optional] in the HUD, especially occurring in other languages.
Shown in Simplified Chinese

The Disturpor mission is only an issue from the LOCR file (00D7C2D00F538B72), which can be fixed easily, but is not the same case in ETA for other languages.

7. Missing dialogue
In the Disturpor mission, there are 3 missing dialogues. I have fixed that.

{
    "$schema": "https://tonytools.win/schemas/dlge.schema.json",
    "hash": "[assembly:/localization/hitman6/conversations/_test_dialogue/evergreen_d/be_tryescape.sweetdialog?/be_tryescape_diana_001.sweetdialogitem].pc_dialogevent",
    "DITL": "00B7E83B2B5BFE20",
    "CLNG": "00E3CBB0725ED16C",
    "rootContainer": {
        "type": "WavFile",
        "wavName": "be_tryescape_diana_001",
        "soundtag": "Voiceover_Handler",
        "defaultWav": "[assembly:/sound/wwise/originals/voices/english(us)/_test_dialogue/evergreen_d/be_tryescape_diana_001.wav].pc_wes",
        "defaultFfx": "[assembly:/_pro/facefx/exported_animation/english(us)/_test_dialogue/evergreen_d/be_tryescape_diana_001.animset].pc_animset",
        "languages": {
            "en": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,2.7)\\\\47, the target is trying to escape!//(2.7,30)\\\\Don't let them get away.",
            "fr": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,2.7)\\\\47, la cible essaie de s'échapper !//(2.7,30)\\\\Arrêtez-la à tout prix.",
            "it": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,2.7)\\\\47, Il bersaglio sta cercando di fuggire!//(2.7,30)\\\\Non permettere che ci riesca.",
            "de": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,2.7)\\\\47, Das Ziel will entkommen!//(2.7,30)\\\\Lassen Sie das nicht zu.",
            "es": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,2.7)\\\\47, el objetivo trata de escapar!//(2.7,30)\\\\No dejes que suceda.",
            "ru": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,30)\\\\47-й, цель пытается сбежать! Не допусти этого.",
            "cn": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,30)\\\\47,目标正在逃跑!别让目标逃脱了。",
            "tc": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,30)\\\\47,目標正在逃跑!別讓目標逃脫了。",
            "jp": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,30)\\\\47、ターゲットが逃げようとしている。逃さないで!"
        }
    }
}
{
    "hash": "[assembly:/localization/hitman6/conversations/_test_dialogue/evergreen_d/be_escapenow.sweetdialog?/be_escapenow_diana_001.sweetdialogitem].pc_dialogevent",
        "wavName": "be_escapenow_diana_001",
        "defaultWav": "[assembly:/sound/wwise/originals/voices/english(us)/_test_dialogue/evergreen_d/be_escapenow_diana_001.wav].pc_wes",
        "defaultFfx": "[assembly:/_pro/facefx/exported_animation/english(us)/_test_dialogue/evergreen_d/be_escapenow_diana_001.animset].pc_animset",
            "en": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,30)\\\\47! You need to eliminate the target before it's too late.",
            "fr": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,30)\\\\47 ! Vous devez éliminer la cible avant qu'il ne soit trop tard.",
            "it": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,30)\\\\47! Devi eliminare il bersaglio prima che sia troppo tardi.",
            "de": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,30)\\\\47! Sie müssen das Ziel eliminieren, bevor es zu spät ist.",
            "es": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,30)\\\\47! Debes eliminar el objetivo antes de que sea demasiado tarde.",
            "ru": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,30)\\\\47-й! Вам нужно устранить цель, пока не стало слишком поздно.",
            "cn": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,30)\\\\47!你现在必须干掉目标,不然就没有机会了。",
            "tc": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,30)\\\\47!你現在必須消滅掉目標了,否則就來不及了。",
            "jp": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,30)\\\\47! 手遅れになる前にターゲットを排除する必要があります。"
        }
    }
}
{
    "hash": "[assembly:/localization/hitman6/conversations/_test_dialogue/evergreen_d/be_escaped.sweetdialog?/be_escaped_diana_001.sweetdialogitem].pc_dialogevent",
        "wavName": "be_escaped_diana_001",
        "defaultWav": "[assembly:/sound/wwise/originals/voices/english(us)/_test_dialogue/evergreen_d/be_escaped_diana_001.wav].pc_wes",
        "defaultFfx": "[assembly:/_pro/facefx/exported_animation/english(us)/_test_dialogue/evergreen_d/be_escaped_diana_001.animset].pc_animset",
            "en": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,1.65)\\\\We lost them, 47!//(1.65,30)\\\\Our client won't be pleased.",
            "fr": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,1.65)\\\\Nous avons perdu la cible, 47 !//(1.65,30)\\\\Notre client ne sera pas content.",
            "it": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,1.65)\\\\Non riusciamo a prenderlo, 47!//(1.65,30)\\\\Il nostro cliente non sarà contento.",
            "de": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,1.65)\\\\Wir können ihn nicht fangen, 47!//(1.65,30)\\\\Unser Kunde wird nicht erfreut sein.",
            "es": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,1.65)\\\\¡Perdimos el blanco, 47!//(1.65,30)\\\\Nuestro cliente no estará contento.",
            "ru": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,1.65)\\\\Мы потеряли цель, 47-й!//(1.65,30)\\\\Наш клиент будет недоволен.",
            "cn": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,30)\\\\我们跟丢了目标,47!我们的客户不会对此感到高兴的。",
            "tc": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,30)\\\\我們追丟了目標,47!我們的客戶不會對此感到高興的。",
            "jp": "//[DIANA]\\\\//(0,1.65)\\\\目標を見失いました、47!//(1.65,30)\\\\顧客は喜ばないでしょう。"
        }
    }
}

8. NPCs
Some of the NPCs have weird clothing textures.

Additionally, there are many odd names for several NPCs, especially in The Cheveyo Calibration, in which all the targets’ names do not match with HUI intel. You could change the LOCR file (000513FA15B3201D) easily.

Furthermore, there are several Fake Poisonous NPCs on the map.

In Night Marrakesh, this NPC now still recognise 47 while he is holding a weapon.

In Ambrose Island, This NPC isn’t poisonous but he is currently in a poisoned condition from his action.

9. The Weapon Slots
Some mistakes occur in the Weapon Slots.

These two melee weapons shouldn’t be appearing in the Gun Slot.

Some of the explosives can’t be snuggled in the Hidden Stash.

[The Explosive Xmas Gift can only appear in Agency Pickup.]

[The Remote CX Demo Block Mk II doesn’t appear in Hidden Stash while other CX Demo Block can.]

The Blue Easter Egg can’t be taken out in the Hidden Stash.

10. Freelancer
Still missing the coin in the Freelancer Toolbox.

[How could it still be broken?]

Meanwhile, the prerequisites for completing the challenges are confusing.

[How can the fugu fish in Hokkaido and the frogs in Ambrose Island not be counted? (Image from Reddit)]

[For the similar Prestige Objective in Freelancer, Tanto does count but it doesn’t count in this challenge.]

Additionally, the “Do not Get Caught on Camera” Objective in Freelancer can be improved by changing the LOCR file (00721E7431F678EA).

"UI_CONTRACT_EVERGREEN_MILD_CLIENT_REQUIREMENTS_CAMERA_CAUGHT_NAME": "Do not Get Caught on Camera",
"UI_CONTRACT_EVERGREEN_MILD_CLIENT_REQUIREMENTS_CAMERA_DESTROYRECORDER_TITLE": "Destroy Surveillance Recorder",
"UI_CONTRACT_EVERGREEN_MILD_CLIENT_REQUIREMENTS_NO_WITNESSES_CONDITIONAL": "- Erase Video Evidence",

When the player has the “Do not Get Caught on Camera” objective and then gets caught on camera, the “Destroy Surveillance Recorder” wording will come out after it.

However, there is a Conditional Objective called “Erase Video Evidence” in the file, and I think that is more suitable for the Objective.
My editing version

11. Contracts
Once again, the [Optional] complication is broken.

[How can the Wild Card Conditions be optional?]

After eliminating a marked target in the contract creation process, the exit music will come out soon, even when you still have other targets you want to mark. Please improve the Contracts Mode.

12. Disguises
In Haven Island, those disguises are counted as illegal while 47 is changing them.
Some disguises are counted as illegal in Haven Island

13. Exits
In Night Marrakesh, one of the exits can’t work functionally.
One of the exits can’t work functionally in the Night Marrakesh

14. Chinese Localisation
There are still many ET missions with no Simplified Chinese subtitles and numerous challenges are incorrectly titled.

You may refer to my Enhanced Chinese Localisation Mod for more details.

11 Likes

Platform: Xbox One digital

Description: arranging a meeting during a showdown doesn’t give the prestige payout

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game/freelancer
  2. Load a showdown mission
  3. select ARRANGE MEETING as the prestige objective
  4. KO a suspect, take their phone, and arrange a meeting

the prestige objective does not trigger… I’ve tried KOg the leader and a non leader… I’ve killed the leader or a non leader… it normally works, but not always…

Frequency: approximately 10-20% of the time

Attach none

2 Likes

Platform: PC (Steam)
Upon saving and loading with a sniper rifle in hand, the sniper will lose all sound effects including scoping in and focus/slowdown aiming.
Frequency: every time

3 Likes

Steam
Isle of Sgail

In the The Ostentatious Arcade contract, if you trigger the target’s escape - the escape timer is incorrectly set to display as an optional objective.

8 Likes

Epic
Haven Island
Inconsistency with areas where 47 as waiter can enter. Next to spa is a little dropout area, where you will be hushed away if approached from front. However, if you sneak in there, you will not be trespassing.
Same applies to private island, where Steve Bradley hangs out. If you approach it by the bridge, you will be shoo’d off by bodyguards. But if you sneak in, you will be okay.
This best shown by the fact that in both of these areas, an NPC wearing waiter disguise is located.
Frequency: Always
Screenshots:

6 Likes

Platform: [PC,Steam]
Digital

Description: My cover button and all spacebar related actions don’t work. The key works perfectly, and binding the action to another key doesn’t work either.

Frequency: All time, i cant do any action related with the space bar.

1 Like

When playing Bangkok using a guards disguise and having all keycards.
Walking around in the guards and workers areas is fine. Walking out of a door with a keycard and a guard outside, is fine as well. If someone else opens the locked door it also works fine go back through it.

Using my keycard make the guard instantly see me as a perp. Not a bug perhaps, but make no sense. As a guard I’m going through the door only guards are allowed through and I use a keycard like a guard should.

3 Likes

Platform: PS4 Disc

Description: Janus’ guard reading the diary for Ark Society clue will not spawn if you watch the cutscene at start on garbage man starting point.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to Another Life mission.
  2. Select garbage removal as starting location and play.
  3. Watch the cutscene when you start. At least 4-5 seconds will do. You can also finish it.
  4. Go to the bench (behind the garbage truck) where the guard should be sitting and you won’t see him there.

Frequency: Always

Link for video of the bug: https://youtu.be/s8udaxot-6s?si=CixDOnZOt4j0Yp5A

Link for video showing the guard if you skipped the cutscene: https://youtu.be/zfSVK2jPUxA?si=2fmzpT-rTENRnMcB

2 Likes

Hello Mr.Matapobre.

(PC with keyboard, Steam; I think it’s version 3.190 (forgot to check in-game), no mods)

Conclusion: agree with you that it’s a bug / problem.

It appears to be a timing issue. I agree with you that if you spawn as a garbage man, Kenneth Hemmer does not appear when the cutscene ends; however, he does he spawn ~1:35 in-game clock (after allowing starting cutscene to fully play). He materializes inside the creek then walks from the creek towards the bench.

Just now, I tried this both in story mode several times and Contracts mode, and it’s the same timing issue.
Also, in my attempts, skipping or not skipping had no effect on Hemmer’s appearance; he was not present if starting as garbage man.

Starting at any other position (such as gardener) other than garbage man, Kenneth Hemmer already was sitting on the bench by the time you approach, skipping or not skipping cutscene.

Side point: if you have all icons / helpers enabled (I checked Options and cannot find the exact setting for this; perhaps it’s included in “Objectives” or “Mission Stories”) and you start as garbage man, the conversation of the other 2 garbage men standing next to the garbage truck is not marked as a clue (the purple square with a spiral inside it) above their heads, but Grey and Diana will speak afterwards as if it is a clue. The only icon in this case is the white speech bubble.
If you start at any other position, their conversation will be marked as a clue and also have the white speech bubble.

Best regards.

1 Like

Hello Iliasjoke.

When you bound “cover” to another key, to which key or keys did you re-bind then test using it / them?

Also, can you share a screenshot of your current keybindings?

I re-binded several actions (re-binded several when I first bought Hitman 3, and again more recently because I was tired of mistakenly breaking necks when I meant to drag a body due to B vs V) so I have non-default keybindings.

Best regards.