Freelancer - General Discussion

I don’t think there were any changes to containers in Freelancer? And AFAIK the grass in Colorado is there since H2.

2 Likes

Right the grass in Colorado was in Hitman 2. In the attic storage area of Paris for example, the ante room right next to the ladder where there was a screwdriver next to a painting on the floor, near where the fire extinguisher on the table next to the two guards, there is now a body-sized container that wasn’t there in regular Hitman, at least it seems new to me.

If you go to an exit without completing objectives in target kills, you lose a potential payout, but sometimes in non-showdown missions, you lose the campaign if you exit without completing objectives. When is it that you fail the campaign for exiting before completing objectives in regular, not hard mode Freelancer?

Exiting or dying in an alerted level will always fail the campaign. When either happens in a non-alerted level you’ll be able to continue, but it will alert two other levels.

4 Likes

So I exited a normal territory just before the final alerted territory. So I guess that if your exit in a normal territory doesn’t allow for appearance of two new alerted territories, then your campaign will fail.

1 Like

I finally get the 2500 kills challenge. I’ve done 45 campaigns, with 264 leaders killed and prestige level 8 (almost completed these obnoxious prestige clallenges)

5 Likes

I’m sure this is widely known, but if you electricute someone and get the “Lightning Rod” rating, it plays an electrical sound effect! :zap::zap::zap:

15 Likes

You can get the sawed off Bartoli in a crate with a crowbar in Ambrose Island within the pirate area.

Where else can you get the sawed off Bartoli? Berlin: Hirschmüller office, I see a baseball bat but not the sawed off Bartoli or am I missing something?

I am finishing Prestige III, finished 27 campaigns, have ~2250 out of 2500 targets killed and ~1/2 the required syndicate leaders killed.

So Hokkaido morgue area appears to have a red glow when it is an alerted territory and then a white glow when it is not.

They added a lot of conversations to the couriers who mull about how much they don’t like being in position of courier and expect to be subject to a hit job… which is correct foreshadowing given that they are likely to be stunned, shot at, banana peeled tripped or blown up momentarily.

My favorite is when you banana peel someone who is sitting and they become stunned without standing.

I started off only choosing prestige objectives without time limits, and then when you get better at Hitman, you prefer the speed running over other choices. You get addicted to the quick moment to moment gameplay choices and manipulating NPC behavior.

I really didn’t get better at Hitman until Freelancer, because it was so much easier to choose every safe and slow option, and only when you are forced out of your comfort zone and embrace the risk-reward, do you really get why IOI designed Freelancer like they did. I am pretty sure that Project 007, James Bond, will have a Freelancer mode, that will improve upon everything that IOI has learned from Freelancer.

I think that Project 007 is likely to be a run away success given that it is to take the Agent fantasy to the most iconic franchise, James Bond.

1 Like

It’s under the table (the one you can flip over). You have to adjust the view a bit to get it.

1 Like

This one has no rarity so you can’t bring it back.

AFAIK it’s a totally random lighting glitch, I’ve seen it in contracts too.

3 Likes

Ugh I’m so stupid. Just failed a campaign on the third Showdown because I lacked five seconds of patience. Exfiltrating Miami, I blew up the door to the boat hut to grab the keys to the speedboat, right next to the flaming barrel. I figured hmm, the fire doesn’t extend all the way to the far side of the doorway, bet I can run through here… Not my finest moment. One I saw coming, too. The masochism is real.

Could have been worse. I can’t think of any examples, but it could have been.

Suspect with “no hair” can mean a buzz cut. I had disqualified all of the targets, and then realized that the non-bald, but buzz cut dude was a “no hair” syndicate leader.

1 Like

In Paris and Hokkaido, the expect you to dress up as a cook / waiter and poison some targets, who only appear to traverse between plates of food/sushi, which you can attend to.

Sometimes the syndicate leader appears to get frozen, sometimes at a meeting with another suspect. What causes NPCs to bug out like this?

Objective: Hide target bodies

Game:

15 Likes

We need a lasso unlock!

6 Likes

I’ve had bodies fall in those previously and the game considered them hidden.

4 Likes

Doing exactly what they did.

Except, on the fourth showdown. :smirk:

Ah, I stand corrected.