Freelancer - General Discussion

Yeah that’s the same as me as well.

Still wish we could get some more of the campaign weapons as purchasable items in Freelancer like the classic fiber wire, duck sniper, trinity weapons, emetic grenade etc :wink:

5 Likes

An idiots guide to losing your sniper:

5 Likes

I’m a finally at the end of my endeavor to play an entire campaign composed only of each type of crime in Freelancer. I saved Big Pharma for last, and though I had to go to work before I could finish, I’m now on the final mission of the final contract of this final campaign with the final crime type. And it’s such an easy one.

It’s in Paris, and all I have to do is poison a guard (the one in the basement sitting at a table drinking coffee is easy to slip rat poison to), do a poison kill (the target is a foodie), no witnesses (does this game know who it’s talking to?), and prestige objective of killing the Leader in the middle of a tell (see poison kill from before). Add onto that a single courier in an extremely easy place to put a banana in their path, and all I’m left with when I get back home to play it is identify the target and find out where they’re eating, then go place that banana, collect the Merces, and check out once the target has a snack. Couldn’t asked for a better conclusion to this undertaking.

And I’ll be only a stone’s throw from reaching mastery 90 when I’m done, so I’ll start another campaign, reach level 90 from the first contract, and then, other than the October content we’re expecting to get, take a short break from Hitman to throw myself into Assassin’s Creed Syndicate for a week or two and then just kind of back and forth the both of them.

4 Likes

I have never used a banana to my knowledge in this game. Possibly once when it was initially introduced for a challenge.

It really comes in handy. Especially when trying to maintain the illusion of accidents.

2 Likes

I admit I let my own hatred of that vile fruit color my game play.

3 Likes

I’ve got a feeling IOI are going to go big with the October stuff you know! :grin:

Plus, it’s their 25th anniversary coming up, so I definitely think we’re in for a treat! Hopefully, more Safehouse decorations and cosmetics are on the way as well :wink:

7 Likes

Using 1 banana is fun…but using 2 bananas made me go viral. 47,000 views. LMAO

4 Likes

You can’t do this to him! 47 only got into contract killing for the bananas! If he can’t have bananas, then what has this all been about?!

edit by moderator, please don’t post AI generated images.

6 Likes

But bananas are so freaking disgusting! I shudder to even consider them!

They’re delicious, and full of potassium… cyanide.

2 Likes

Taste is entirely subjective. I find them horrid tasting

While I deeply disagree with you on this. Have you considered that the reason you hate bananas so much is because you are actually allergic to them?

1 Like

Mission Story Revealing…

3 Likes

Could be. Never had enough of them to know since they taste so bad to me.

To bring this all back to topic though, I did the prestige thing a while ago and finally got all my weapons back. I just can’t bring myself to go to the next prestige level.

In Freelancer I often place a banana next to the merchant in that room then blow up the fire extinguisher. The ensuing chaos never fails to entertain me :smiley:

2 Likes

So I made a mistake.

I put the fuse into the fuse box… now I’ve went to the garage for about five minutes and I can’t remove it. Is that it? It’s now glitched in there for good?

Have the same problem. I’m assuming it’s a glitch. It used to be that I could grab the car battery in the garage. Now I can, at the cost of not being able to remove the fuse.

1 Like

I’ve just figured out how to fix it - set the garage AND the explosive work table back to the boxes that you had when you first moved into the Hitmansion - then exit the game to the menu.

Go back to freelancer and then the fuse is removable again - and you can just set the garage back to its normal state.

Stupid, but it worked.

8 Likes

Ah, good to know. A bit of work, but I can put up with it until they fix it, which will hopefully be with the update and patch that is set for the end of the month.

Edit: Nope, just tried it and it didn’t work for me.