World of Assassination 2024 teaser

Why would you want The Congressman and The Guru? That would just be splitting one of the ETs that have been repeated over and over (The Deceivers) in half. The only differences iirc is that in The Congressman you can use the car exit near the default start and The Guru has a few extra fail conditions on not harming two (I think) NPCs.

Of all the H1 ETs we’ve not seen since at least 2021, they would be right at the bottom of my wishlist.

3 Likes

It’s my obsession, if I may say so.
By that logic, “The Undying” would be just one, right?
However, if there are two different types, even if the differences are subtle, I am inclined to enjoy them both.
So I want to enjoy “The Congressman,” “The Guru,” and “The Deceivers” all as different things.

Of course, if implementing these three types of ETs will prevent other ETs from being implemented, I am also willing to give them a lower priority.

8 Likes

Ditto, I have the same logic about those three and am fully onboard.

5 Likes

Elusive Target Galore ends Mon 12th Feb, so surely it’s a Year 4 Roadmap news drop next week at some point? :grin:

14 Likes

That’s what I’m expecting, alongside the next patch and the patch notes - which is something that is absolutely coming before The Heartbreaker Y4 goes live. Because otherwise no one will be able to play it.

13 Likes

Maybe they could replace name and face of Gary Busey with other ones, so they don’t have any problem

2 Likes

The part you’ve missed, re-recording the dialogue, is probably the biggest problem as it would be the most expensive tbh.

4 Likes

Unlike the Undying, who had two gimmicks - never dying, being played by an actor that always dies - the Wild Card has only one gimmick, and that is being played by the actor he’s modeled after. You can remake the Undying and the Undying Returns and keep the one gimmick and it still works. The Wild Card without securing the rights to use Gary Busey takes away the whole point, and makes its inclusion meaningless. I’d prefer it be gone forever than get the generic brand version.

1 Like

I can’t imagine a generic brand Gary Busey. He is truly one of “God’s own prototypes” to quote Hunter S. Thompson who was one of them himself.

1 Like

This is gonna be a truly elusive target, yo.

6 Likes

Hence, my whole point. Sounds like we’re in agreement, a rarity.

3 Likes

I know right? Plus we would have to track down Gary Cole as well since he is in the level and I don’t think he has filed those TPI reports yet…

3 Likes

Ditto.
I wonder if it’s going to be a seasonal roadmap (spring roadmap), or if we will be back to monthly ones.

Even though by the look of it, I don’t expect nothing but ETs for February, I hope it’s not precursor to what we will have this year.

But who knows, technically next week is an open content slot as far as what we know.
First ET the 15th (I just realized, a day after Valentine’s Day, of course it’s the Heartbreaker), so maybe something the 8th?

All depends on when, which week the roadmap will start back.

And again : please be permanent releases. (It would explain why they could be added without new data, and not under a Y4 monitor. I want to believe.)

10 Likes

Y4 ET data is getting added in the next patch before The Heartbreaker goes live.

4 Likes

This must be a joke, I’m now convinced that IO is doing this on purpose. The same 4 ETs in the same order for the third year in a row. Why is it so hard to let this mode rest in peace? I’m so tempted to just ignore them but I know the completitionist bitch in me won’t let me. The little hope I had for Y4 is just dead and buried now.

Maybe I will be proven wrong when a roadmap is released (I hope), but this is definately not a good start. Let’s pray we at least get the fabled escalation and permanent The Drop.

2 Likes

I like to do one where you have to eliminate an assassin whose out on a job and you’ll have to save his/her target from them.

1 Like

They might be doing brand new ETs, so the standard batch at the start of the year is to give a buffer for players to have something to play even if it’s old

1 Like

Keep in mind, there’s barely anyone working on the game at this point. On top of everything else they have to take care of that we fans collectively whine about, shuffling the order of ETs is not likely among the priorities.

Play Blood Money, it’s got several of those.

“Elusive Targets Galore” ended being “ZERO Targets Galore” for me. Feel cheated, yo. :joy:

9 Likes

One actually, on the murder of crows.