What was your last purchase? 2.0

Was time to upgrade from my “old” Pixel 7 Pro.

Almost done setting it up and will reset my old Pixel 7 Pro and gift it to my mum.
She got a 5-6 year old budget Xiaomi that overheats and is just slow AF so hopefully she will enjoy her “new” phone =)

8 Likes

Backlog be damned, I saw people were selling copies of the iconic 2010 Toy Story 3 Video Game, for around 15-20$ on ebay! So I thought… yeah I’ll get it! – And people have been talking about the game 'cause the PSP version is on PS+Extra now)

(I remember seeing ads for the PS3 version (featuring Playable Zurg) back in the day, before I really had a Playstation.
But I do know I played the PC version at one point – which apparently is the inferior version of the game, a port of the Wii title. Which has much worse graphics and an entire 3rd region in the Toy Box mode completely missing!)

8 Likes

A site called Youtooz announced that they would be making 3 figures based on Joker, Morgana, and Erina from Persona 5 Tactica, in Tactica’s art style. I’m on and off about the Tactica art style, which is why I decided to just go with Erina, probably since Erina is a character that was created for Tactica and suits the art style very well. I love Erina in Tactica, shame she’ll probably never appear outside of that game again. It’s a pre-order so will have to wait until March or April until this arrives.

Seems like Atlus/Sega are making a lot of merch deals with Persona for the last couple years. McFarlane Toys announced they’ve made a deal to make 7 inch figurines of characters from Persona 3 Reload. Excited to see what they look like, although I’ve heard alot of mixed things about McFarlane Toys themselves? Guess we’ll wait and see what they look like.

Also from the Youtooz store, they had this bizarre little figurine: Jenny from the Nickelodeon series My Life as a Teenage Robot dressed up as Hatsune Miku. Love to know who came up with that combination, but it is very charming and cute.

6 Likes

Not really my style, but I can appreciate it =)

I got a few hunders GB of STL’s for 3D printing of lots of figurines so I will prolly get a printer soon so I can print my own stuff =)

I got like 20+ Funko Pops as well.

4 Likes

Oh, I remember binging videos on this game years ago! Awesome to see it get mentioned again, it brings back some obscure memories.

4 Likes

I go to a games club where we play games like Warhammer 40,000, which uses lots of plastic models. A few of the members have gotten 3D printers, sometimes printing alternatives to the proper models that are sold by the maker of Warhammer, Games Workshop, sell.

It’ll be very interesting to see how much more popular 3D printing becomes as it becomes more cheaper and accessible.

As for the Youtooz figurines, never tried this company before, so will be interesting. Honestly, I jumped on the Erina figure because as a character exclusive to a Persona spin-off game, I doubt she’s going to get much merchandise of her, and I loved Erina in that game. Guess we’ll see how good quality these figures are on arrival.

I definetly want to get a bit more merch of my favourite franchises to show off, but I can’t say I have much interest in proper action figures, or those really expensive to scale figures or stuff like Japanese otaku statues. Stuff on the lower end, which is small and fits nicely on a shelf definetly appeals to me though.

2 Likes

In anticipation of Silent Hill 2 Remake I have dug out the old PS2 and my SH collection. In a catastrophic turn of events, the disc for SH2 is missing!
No problem, I’ll just buy one for cheap online, this is a 23 year old game after all.

Problem is, the prices for a used copy of the Silent Hill games are absolutely bonkers. 800-2500 kr (other PS2 games go for 20-50 kr) depending on how good the case looks.
So I’ve been looking and looking and finally found some dude who had the special edition but the paper case is ruined. I got him down to 350 kr which is still wildly expensive but whatever.

He should be sending it tonight. Also bought a PS2 to HDMI adaptor because my TV doesn’t have old school inputs. Fingers crossed that everything works.

7 Likes

I mean they were 35 bucks new-in-box on eBay; I couldn’t say no.

6 Likes