Upcoming Video Games

Devs nowadays are too afraid of content that might be too “offensive” to people so they don’t take same risks as they did back in the day. Even R* said the same thing about “coming up with ideas for GTA 6 in a Trump-era world.”

You saw this :stuck_out_tongue:

I think every game company looks over their shoulder to see what other companies do instead of coming with something original and fresh so everything kinda blends together.
Similar to an old trope (not sure if it still exists) when every Asian girl was portrayed with purple highlights…

2 Likes

It’s a week old now, but I just noticed that they set Forbidden West’s release date.

4 Likes

Well you see the characters are relatable millennial college students trying to pay their college debt through a crime organization.

We have the Brains of the Organization

We got the shirtless Mexican-American guy with tattoos who loves to cook.

We have the chick who loves to work on cars and is probably the one who considers themselves quirky in the group, she will probably have or if not have already plenty of rule 34 of her.

And then you, the murder psychopath boss man or woman character who probably looks really fucked up and wears a mix and match of clothing cause it’s funny.

did I mention that the millennial college student comment was a official thing said by volition

3 Likes

For some reason this isn’t a valid reason to turn to crime to detractors, this just infuriates me because some people do turn to crime to pay debts. For fucks sake the best show of all time is about an unassuming chemistry teacher who turns into drug kingpin to pay off medical debt only to find himself becoming more and more hardened as a criminal due to how it empowers him.

8 Likes

That’s not how i remember the X-Files, but alright

5 Likes

Oh it is from one of those episodes with Robert Patrick in it, if you are anything like me (I realise that is a long shot at times) you most likely just stopped watching.

1 Like

Fun Fact Bryan Cranston stars in one episode, were he fears his head will explode when he stops his car. Good episode

2 Likes

Love that episode, it was produced by Vince Gilligan himself. It is actually how he knew Brian Cranston enough that he talked about casting him as Walter.

Also his head does explode, it was something to do with military radio signals or something.

2 Likes

My favorite Episodes are Tooms, the one with Fluke Man,the one with the Vampires in the Trailer Park and especially the X-Cops Episode.

Generally speaking i like the Monster of the Week Episodes better than the actual Conspiracy Ones :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Not an unpopular opinion especially as the series went on and it was clear no-one had an actual plan for the myth arc.

Huh that is odd. Those are all really good choices, some of the best. I always liked Darin Morgan’s episodes. So that is the one with the freakshow people, the one with the man-eating cockroaches, the one with psychic Frank Barone and Jose Chung’s From Outer Space. I also like X-Cops, Postmodern Prometheus and the trailer park vampires.

2 Likes

You sound surprised by my choices, aren’t you aware that my taste in other media is superb, just as my taste in video-games?

1 Like

Not so fast their cowboy you still like Terminator over Terminator 2 so don’t get too cocky there. But yes we all have our strengths it seems.

1 Like

THQ Nordic is on a roll!

4 Likes

Woah there hold your horses! This means they either have to make a third one from scratch or make the third one that exists actually good.

1 Like

I wonder if they’ll do Destroy All Humans 5 or pull a Crash 4 and just give us a new DAH3.

1 Like

Oh hey another person that remembers that Big Willy Unleashed (ugh) exists.

1 Like

I not only remember it, I beat it when it was new.

I’m a hero, I know.

I completed the game when it came out as well. I don’t feel like a hero though, I just kind of felt empty inside. I am not going to cry if THQ Nordic decide to just ignore it completely.

1 Like

I can see them skipping both 3 and 4.

Just don’t know if they’ll just skip them and go to the 1980s or something, or do new games that replace them.

1 Like

Gameplay trailer for Destroy All Humans! 2