The Ultimate Hitman Memes Thread

I’m still waiting for the 6th - 1,941st, 1,944th - 2,041st and 2,043rd - 2,141st instalments in the series.

6 Likes

I think it is a pretty cute detail of going from “1942” to “2142” and then “2042”. A neat way to shout out the OG Battlefield players out there and basically sums up the game really.

1 Like

Tbh I like the Battlefield 1 title. It’s a bit goofy, but it’s unique in how it teases a WW1 setting, as if it’s the “first Battlefield”, like where the whole idea of massive modern combat started.

But this list makes me question what they consider a mainline entry vs. a spinoff. Cause you go from WW2 to Vietnam, but that doesn’t count as a sequel, only 2 does.

Now we’ve got Battlefield V, but is that supposed to be “Battlefield 5” and the next mainline entry is going to be 6? Because so far the mainline entries follow a chronological order, not to mention how 2042 is “near-future”, but not near-future enough to be the full “next entry”?

It’s arguably why Hardline failed. Came out so soon after 4 and I think everybody saw it as a filler title. Dead game after only a few months. When Battlefield 1 got teased, it seemed like a return to form after 3 modern day entries and the two Bad Company games. I think Battlefield V (which is a 5 I believe) they had the issue of what to call it when it was World War 2.

They’re calling the new one 2042 but I haven’t seen anyone really consider it a spin-off or anything. I think for most people they’re seeing it as the sequel to Battlefield 4, which came out 8 years ago now.

I suppose it is interesting chatting about naming conventions. I would also think alot of higher ups probably get nervousness when numbered entries go above 3 or 4.

3 Likes

[Angry Crimean screaming only drowned out by furious Union screaming.]

1 Like

Sadly they didnt use the chance to make Battlefield V, (5), into Battlefield V, (Vietnam and fifth entry). Man what would I give to enjoy some good old Vietnam Battlefield.

11 Likes

19 Likes

goddammit diane, we have to cook 2455km/h of cocaina for mr. dengado

8 Likes

Wtf is up with those fingers though

3 Likes

9 Likes

17 Likes

Why would you do that @William1066? Why again?

19 Likes

@linux_penguin asked for the jam flavour, so I helped him by giving him the original picture. That’s why.

I’m willing to say that you yourself have also exposed the forum to it by not blurring it. Who’s the menace now! >:)

6 Likes

24 Likes

Yeah just like Anthem will be supported for 10 Years :joy:

But dont worry, I’m sure Hakan will sell us “The whole WoA experience in one great Collection AND now with proper offline Mode” when the Playstation 6 comes out or something like that.

14 Likes

This is plan A, Plan B is thepeacockproject.org

13 Likes

I’m looking foreward to it…

1 Like

Made it before H3 released and I still think this is a w

1 Like

Thank you very much.

Both for the creation and compliment!

1 Like