Silent Assassin Mechanics

So one thing that drives me crazy about Freelancer and Silent Assassin (SA) Objective is that once you lose SA, you can never get the SA Objective back.

For example:

1. Your target finds a KOd body … SA lost (red guns in normal Hitman)
  2. The target is the only one who sees that body
  3. The target is killed before informing or even interacting with anyone (back to green guns in normal Hitman)
  4. SA is lost in Freelancer

It’s kind of stupid since things like “Don’t get spotted on camera” allow you to delete the camera footage to maintain the objective. Even getting spotted on camera and deleting the footage allows you to restore an SA Objective.

Does it matter to IOI?

5 Likes

You’d think at least that if the target causes a SA break, eliminating them would restore it, similar to the no witnesses objective.

1 Like

Good point. It would be nice if the target caused the SA objective to break, then eliminating them would restore it, very much like the ‘No Witnesses Objective’ like what you said. I guess the ‘Don’t get spotted on Camera’ objective is similar, so it could work like that.

3 Likes

As far as I’m aware, this only applies to SA Suit Only and SA No Firearms Prestige Objectives, meanwhile simple Silent Assassin Prestige Objective does work as intended and doesn’t fail immediately if you’re spotted by a target. It’s annoying nonetheless, but definitely can be worked around

You could be right about the SA Prestige Objective without Suit Only or No Firearms … Honestly, I don’t remember which one it happened with when I noticed it … I hope you’re right … But it’s still BS that it doesn’t work with ALL SA Prestige Objectives