Season of Undying (First Roadmap 2024)

The Sedative ko kill glitch thingy has been in the game since hitman 2 day iirc. Most likely not going anywhere.

5 Likes

I know, but this is much easier than the normal method, because it’s completely legal to drop those 2 items in that order, as opposed to shooting someone with a dart gun or injecting them with a syringe, and IOI also has a thing about wall-hacks.

2 Likes

Its still the same thing and likely isn’t going to be fixed. Its been around in this form for ages now with the snail and the micro remote explosive.

The only time IO acknowledged this issue was in the final patch notes for HITMAN 2 where they said it was put into the backlog of things to fix in H3 because “This is an issue with many components and to avoid creating any further issues”. Since it was the last patch for H2, they didn’t want to attempt a fix and then completely break something else.

Since those patch notes are approaching three and a half years old and its still in the game, they’re probably just leaving it in there now since they’ve only got a very small team on WoA now. If they were going to tackle a bigger issue like this, it would’ve been done earlier on when more people were working on the game.

9 Likes

Just announced!!! :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

HYPED!! :grin:

21 Likes

Oh Jebus, it’s going to be McGregor, isn’t it? Yuck!

1 Like

We’re all hyped, especially when it’s come out of nowhere!! :grin::open_mouth:

3 Likes

I can’t wait to shoot a sentient tie ( I’m definitely not going to know who the actual celebrity is when they are revealed )

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s pretty clear an octagon fighting ring. Is that unlimited fighting or something? I don’t follow any of that, so I’m unlikely to have any idea who the person is, but any new Elusive Target is good.

1 Like

Excellent! Wonder if they’re getting more celebrities and bringing back the Undying and giving it all to us in the space of a year so that we forget about the Wild Card. Between the Undying, the Drop, and whoever this is going to be, I think it just might help ease the disappointment of never being able to get the Wild Card.

2 Likes

Wonder why they decided to put “Spring 2024” and not “June”. That’s highly likely where its landing - The Drop and The Undying got a month long activation and no other ETs were activated during that time. They’ve already announced ETs are running from late-April to early-June. So… yeah.

Also, based on recent history I assume there will be another Twitch drop too. Purple Streak Briefcase?

6 Likes

Cant wait to play it once and then never again just like with Drop….

Why? Like, you wouldn’t play it again, or that you can’t because it hasn’t had a reactivation or appeared in arcade mode?

1 Like

Maybe they got Hamill, as they’ve wanted.

I’ve seen some theories going around already saying 47 will be attempting to eliminate Connor McGregor in this Elusive Target, but whether that actually happens or not remains to be seen? :joy: I must admit, it would be pretty cool to see 47 wrap the fiber wire around his neck haha

Either way, I wonder if this Elusive Target will be set post Hitman III like The Drop? Would be cool if it is!! :grin:

I’m not too sure to be fair? I’m assuming IOI mean it’s going to be dropped at some point across the ‘Season of the Undying’ roadmap, but like you pointed out, that runs right until June, which is effectively into the Summer period.

I’m guessing this upcoming Elusive Target will drop in late April or early May, which covers the Spring period.

I’m confused (or stupid), but the roadmap shows the suit reward as the Ephemeral suit with patch. I have without patch. I played the et and killed him SA. What am i missing here?

1 Like

You have to buy the Undying DLC pack to get the one with the eyepatch. The one you have there is the reward for completing the regular ET, and it’s not listed in the roadmap, for some reason.

7 Likes

Okay guys here we go for some new content!

I present you The Season Of The Undying Community Events:

Feel free to join if you’re interested :+1:

Cya there :wink:

I unlocked the blue easter egg and must say, it’s very op, and it’s going to be very abused by the community, throwing the blue egg at an NPC is legal as long as that specific NPC does not see you, it’s kinda problematic imo, but eh, lets see how will it turn out.

At least the tranq range is smaller than the snail’s range.

I don’t consider it OP for the simple reason we already have had things like the Snail Mine and the Sedative Gum for years which provide easy, legal sedative options. Plus, sedatives don’t work on targets without voiding SA so that does restrict their use quite a bit compared to emetics.

Don’t wanna start a million comment back-and-forth about OP items in the game though

4 Likes

Technically, this is only true if a non-target NPC finds the body of the sedated target, or if another target finds the body and you don’t kill that second target before they tell a non-target NPC about it. Still, a risk factor that other sedation scenarios don’t have to worry about.