Season Of The Disruptor (2024) - Summer Roadmap

But why would they program it that way and why not fix it intead of just leaving that obvious blank space that everyone is going to notice? I think it wouldn’t be difficult on their side to change it so that the crate can be opened everytime.

Specially since they’re expecting to attract new players with every new celebrity ET, that would just put them in a vicious circle were they have to wait for the new players to complete the challenge, but then they release something and there’s a new influx of players so they have to wait for those now. I just don’t see the practicality of that decision, if that’s the reason of course.

This above is most likely the reason of the exclusion. They removed it before launch, but then either forgot or couldn’t bother to fix the empty space and just went live with it and have refused to address it since launch despite the tons of people reporting that.

4 Likes

The fact that it should be there is the reason I want it to be there. Also, the weapon loot crate is highlighted every time 47 returns to the Safehouse, indicating there’s something in the weapon crate, but in actual fact this is highlighting the coin is missing from the loot crate.

4 Likes

The crate is always illuminated, because it can be opened. There’s just nothing in it if you have everything.

I’m surprised that you, of all people, are OK with the coin being missing. With all of the talk from you about things being “just so”, the missing coin should be burning a hole in your brain!

9 Likes

We all want the coin, but even if we get it.

There’s still a burning hole in my brain.

It’s holy as is

1 Like

It first has to matter to me to begin with. Like I said, I forgot about the coin completely except when people bring it up here, because it’s a complete non-factor at this point, aside from its absence being pointed out.

Well, it technically shouldn’t be illuminated if anything is stored in the loot crates surely? I’ve read on here in the past that it continues to be illuminated because it’s picking up on the fact the coin is still missing? :thinking:

I think it’s just able to be opened, much like you can still go to suppliers, even when they have nothing because you already have everything. I don’t think the coin has anything to do with being able to open it, you’re just always able to open it.

1 Like

I‘m playing with the mod that adds the coin. If I own every tool and wall item, then I‘m neither able to open the crate in the safehouse nor talk to suppliers anymore. I believe that‘s how the devs intended it and it‘s not something that‘s coming from the mod.

4 Likes

But you don’t know for sure, because the coin isn’t included without the mod. So until what time that the coin is added to the real game, we won’t know if the box is meant to be unopenable once all items are collected in the real game.

All the mod does afaik is add the coin to the “list” of items that can appear in the crate and the suppliers (its absence is because it is simply not on those lists currently). Everything else like the crate not opening is in the vanilla game.

2 Likes

Did everyone see the ioi announcement

The Drop September 12th

1 Like

Hello people :blush:

For those who are interested, my Disruptor Elusive Target playthrough is (finally) available:

Enjoy :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey everybody :blush:

A new livestream is planned tomorrow, where i’ll be playing some parts of The Season Of The Disruptor, come and watch if you want:

I hope to see you there, cheers :sunglasses:

Full discussion here for you! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

That’s THE Disruptor!! (Mr. The Disruptor!) :sunglasses:

6 Likes

You know, I wonder if that was a dig at the arrogance of celebrity figures, because of the ridiculousness of insisting on such a title being used in such a context. Or if they were just making fun of themselves for Mr. Giggles’ dialogue.

I dont like that idea. Why ask for free content to be locked behind a paywall?

7 Likes

I enjoyed doing the Mystery of the Unicorns challenge. I hadn’t been to the Garden Show for a long while.

At first I ran all over the place looking for the damn horn. Then I looked at the challenge picture and mwah, perfect.

9 Likes

That was my challenge idea! Glad you like it however IO changed it too much so it lost its meaning. The point was to turn the Carlisles into unicorns. :unicorn:

Challenge Name: MYSTERY OF THE UNICORNS
Picture: The Unicorn Horn in the Hidden Room
Mission: Death in the Family - Dartmoor
Requirement:
-Collect the four Unicorn Horns
-Eliminate Alexa, Rebecca, Emma, and Patrick with thrown Unicorn Horns
Reward:
Unicorn Horn
Description/Explanation/Comments:
Find the missing Unicorn Horns and generously donate them to the Carlisle Family.

6 Likes