HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

Yeah, I don’t think making a mod to unlock leaked/unreleased stuff is good. But you could do it yourself, like me :smiley: took me 2 days to figure out everything, and I know nothing about modding before. Or, if making a mod is too complicated, you could just use the ID swap method, @Luiluix has some very detailed step by step instruction here. Literally took me 5 minutes to figure it out myself. Good luck

5 Likes

Where can I get the Hitman 2 Disguise mod? It seems it got taken down from Nexus and I can’t find the link anymore :frowning: I saw a mission where someone was Imogen Royce and that sparked my interest

I believe it was posted somewhere in this thread. But I’ll share it again: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/555224758837444632/801734333437181972/H2DisguiseNPC.zip

This version was modified to work with H3.

2 Likes

Why is the disguise mod always flagged by antiviruses? Is it due to the way it injects itself into the exe?

1 Like

Extreme Injector, whose sole purpose is to inject custom dlls into any program, has this same issue.

Sounds right to me.

For the sake of longevity and exposure for this mod, I wish the manual file checkers at nexusmods were more competent in virus detection. Or… Perhaps there would be another way to make the program without flagging it as a virus? But that’s never gonna happen.

1 Like

That’s correct. Are you playing in Offline Mode and editing the ORES file with a hex editor?

First mod to change the HUD:

10 Likes

Most of the detections are just “GameHack” or “Generic”. Anything that modifies memory/loads a dll tends to anger antiviruses.

How exactly would I edit a GFXF?

You can use RPKG to extract and rebuild them into/from their parts (GFX file, DDS textures) and JPEXS/FFdec to edit the GFX file, which is a flash file containing scripts and shapes.

Small update that adds outlines to NPC dots on the minimap and fixes the SA indicator:

7 Likes

RPKG Tool v2.31 Changelog

• Fixed GFXF rebuilding if the size is different
  • Fixed bug with Hitman 2016 RPKGs
5 Likes

jedijosh is back modding hitman:

20 Likes

Imagine at some point someone actually cracks the code, develops something that allows to insert levels and more. Id be the first to start create an Aslyum map.

8 Likes

is there any news of QuickMod for HITMAN 3?

Is there an existing mod that allows you to select more than 5 targets in contracts mode?

Do even mods work in online mode?

totally depends on the mod, some don’t because IOI servers intertwining

Eventually. I just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

1 Like
  • Mission mods do not (server loads mods by UUID)
  • REPO mods do not (server loads REPO with a custom RPKG download)
  • ORES mods do not (server loads ORES during initial loading)
  • Model swap mods do (models are local)
  • HUD mods do (Scaleform is local)
  • Skip Intro does (loaded before the game connects to the server)
7 Likes