HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

Is this something that I could maybe change/alter? Granted, modding myself is probably above my pay grade…

I’m not entirely sure what you mean. It’s certainly possible to mod the newer guns in the same way, if you’re willing to learn the skills.

Is it something that can be changed in the RPKG file, or something more advanced?

Ah, I see. I’m not 100% sure how the original mod was made, but it should be in a TEMP file. You should be able to use QuickEntityEditor (QNE) to have a look.

Pretty much everything in the game is in an RPKG file. They’re more like containers. :​)

Does anybody know what mod Lviolinve used to play as the PALLAS droid for this screenshot? Haven’t been able to find it despite hours searching. It isn’t in ZHMMod. Thanks

3 Likes

It’s an old mod made by @WINNODD that wasn’t published on Nexus afaik, only available on our modding Discord

3 Likes

That’s right :skull: I was too dumb to give it proper legs. Have to use crash test dummy leg for
substitution. That’s why it only shows upper half of the body in the thumbnail.

Btw the android has a barcode on his head and Miami outfits brick has an unused slot called
Miami_Unique_AndroidSuit_M_PRO75018.
Everything indicates io was planning an android suit at some point. If you don’t know what kind of Year 4 content to make here it is io!

13 Likes

I would love this as a year 4 suit please io this could actually fit in the themed category unlike the cozy Christmas or polar survival suits

1 Like

These will all be available in FV hopefully soon (And later ToD Mod)

10 Likes

Heh, with Hawke’s Bay having 4 variants I’m starting to think that MAYBE Hantu Port should stay in Sgail slot rather then going here.

Man, I’m so torn and unsure about what I would rather want now :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I was actually thinking that :sweat_smile:

But ultimately Hawke’s is not a big map and many scoff at it being in Freelancer, so those people can use its slot for Hantu if they think Hantu is any better. Plus you can turn off your less favourite ToDs so Hantu comes up more often

2 Likes

Or maybe Hantu can get additional ToDs like rainy midday… but that would require even more work from You so… yeah. You know what, forget I said anything :rofl:

edit: Perhaps You can just make another poll to make people decide where they want Hantu to be?

I wouldn’t personally make another poll, but I do personally dislike Sgail a lot and would replace it given the chance :thinking:

1 Like

Neon Ninja Masked Up!
Adds the Futo mask to the Neon Ninja suit. Also I got mod ID 700!

6 Likes

One thing I’d like to see (I don’t know if it’s even possible) is to have the Futo Suit colors on the normal Ninja Suit. The reason I don’t think it’s possible is due to the FSs lack of head and arm covering. Either that or it’d be a lot of work. :confused:

Why?

Why indeed.

2 Likes

HB Sunrise was just a bit too yellow for my liking, so now I’ve gone with Blue and Orange

11 Likes

If it has color correction/ replace bits, then it should work. I can’t promise anything right now, as I wanna kit-bash something else first, and @Atampy26 keeps beating me to my own ideas when it comes to improving the trinity suits =P

2 Likes

As I’m currently not really finding the time to really get started on the Isle of Sgail and because I was asked about it couple of times, I plan to make a Mod including all (working) REi Locations which will also include some fixes, changes and possibly small bits of New Content.

For those I’d like to collect ideas to add onto my own, so please let me know about them by answering to this Post, a PM or even over Discord at drmekar, If you have a bit more ideas.

Here’s what I have so far:

• Clean up Depends for Dubai and Chongqing
  • More Bearded Guards in Dubai
  • More Head Variety in Chongqing and Dubai
4 Likes

HOW TO INSTALL SIMPLE MOD FRAMEWORK ON STEAM DECK

For a long time I believed that the Simple Mod Framework could not be installed on the Deck, and many, including (I believe) the creator (the great Atampy26), confirmed this. However, I have recently discovered a way to install SMF, and it’s surprisingly very easy.

There are two “stages” to installing SMF on Steam Deck. Stage one focuses on getting the SMF installer to actually launch and install on the SD, and stage two focuses on installing it (once you’ve gotten the application to behave normally).

Here’s how it’s done:

Stage One

• Open the Discover store and search for Lutris and download it.

• Download the Simple Mod Framework .exe file from the Nexus page and store it wherever (I put it in the HITMAN 3 folder where Launcher.exe is located).

• Launch Lutris and let it do its thing (has to install some stuff), then click the plus button in the top left corner and select the option “Install a Windows game from an executable” available in the window that pops up.

• Another window will pop up, and this is essentially the first “official” stage of installation. All you have to do is enter a name (doesn’t impact installation at all) and then click the blue “Install” button in the top-left corner of the window.

• Clicking that blue “Install” button will take you to the next step/window, and all you have to do here is click “Install” again. It’ll then ask you for an installation directory: either leave it to the default directory (/home/deck/Games/[name]) or swap it to a new directory (just don’t place it in the actual game directory). (Note that this folder/directory does not have an impact when SMF is actually installed, so you can delete it after you’ve installed SMF.) After that’s all said and done, click the “Continue” button in the top-right corner of the window.

• After clicking “Continue”, you will be prompted to select the executable, so navigate to wherever you placed the SMF installation .exe file and select it. Note that when you’re actually installing the Framework, it will install all the data in the same folder where the .exe file is located (for example, I put it in /steamapps/common/HITMAN 3/ so the data folder was installed in that directory; I find this to be very organized, as it’s right next to the “Retail” and “Runtime” folders, as well as “Launcher.exe”).

• After selecting the executable, click the “Install” button. Let Lutris cook, and eventually the actual Simple Mod Framework Installer should launch.

STAGE TWO

Stage two is pretty simple, really:

• Click the “Select your game folder” option (not “Runtime” or “Retail” but simply the “general” HITMAN 3 folder, e.g. steamapps/common/HITMAN 3/). After that, it will begin installation. For me, it did hang and glitch a bit, but I let it cook, and it installed normally.

• The executable (to actually launch the mod manager) should be in Simple Mod Framework > Mod Manager > Mod Manager.exe (like I said, the Simple Mod Framework folder should be in the same directory as that of the installer, so in my case: steamapps/common/HITMAN 3/).

To launch the newly-installed executable, I highly recommend adding it as a non-Steam game and forcing the use of a compatibility tool. To do this, you:

• Open Steam (or right click on the exe in Dolphin and click the “Add to Steam” option)

• Click “Add a Game” in the bottom-left corner > “Add a Non-Steam-Game”

• A new window will open; click the “Browse…” button on the bottom-left corner of the window.

• Navigate to where Mod Manager.exe is stored (Simple Mod Framework > Mod Manager) and double-click on it (or click once then click the “Open” button)

• Click on “Add Selected Programs”

• The exe should be added, placed/listed under “Uncategorized.” Find it in the list, right-click and select “Properties”, navigate to “Compatibility”, tick “Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool” and select a Proton version. I personally set it to GE-Proton-8-25, but any version of Proton should work.

• After that, hit play and it should launch! Happy modding!

2 Likes

There is a chance not all mod types will deploy though. I remember running into some issues in the past when I tried since it relies on a bunch of 3rd party tools.