HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

I rushed the release of the mod a little (already had the model ready long time ago) and made a small oversight when exporting the model from Blender :melting_face:

1 Like

The earpiece looks better on that head than the HD H3 head, not gonna lie.

3 Likes

That looks to be what happened to 47 as well :ā€‹P

1 Like

Thereā€™s a reason itā€™s optional you know.

Speaking of, updated the mod to fix a few things, and made the ghost mode lines optional (default off). Update via the autoupdater or redownload on nexus.

4 Likes

IMO, it would look better if it was looped over the ear. :person_shrugging: Or is that one of the few things you fixed?

Yeah, I know, but the design of the earpiece is weird. I never said I enabled that part of the mod.

Iā€™m reasonably sure some of the ICA Agents have a better earpiece that does do this.

If one of them does, feel free to point me to it. I tried looking around in freecam if one of them had but I didnā€™t notice any having it. Iā€™d gladly use something premade that looks good, as the way I made the existing one was just fiddling with values in the sdk for about 15 minutes before calling it a day.

I tried looking at the ICA agentsā€¦ Couldnā€™t really see anything. But I definitely couldnā€™t see anything hanging below the ear.

It does seem like there are some that have that curly wireā€¦ Hawkeā€™s Bay guards come to mind.

Waiting for my mods to deploy since the game crashed.

FWIW: the earpiece has that curve that you would think would naturally fit to the contour of the ear.

Since I see it can be turned off (made invisible) - Iā€™ll just stick with that. The one that you can see looks too awkward to me. Sorry to say that. :anguished:

Edit: Dribbleondo posted receipts/screenshots below. But I can see why you thought it went the way you have it.

1 Like

Elite Cave Guards

Usually I like to show off atleast 2 NPC Model Groups at same time, but considering I worked the entire day of yesterday and a bit of Saturday just on them, there gotta be worth it.

Iā€™m aware of the Golden Watch clipping through the Sweater on the middle model. That has already been fixed, I just found this image too good to redo it

Edit: Also, considering the fact that Iā€™m almost done with SF now, what would location would like next? Iā€™d personally prefer to finish of the H2 Maps first as those are less likely to be affected by any Game Updates, which in the worst case scenario make the Mod stop working like Mendoza I released shortly before Freelancer this Year

• Isle of Sgail
  • Mumbai
  • Dartmoor + Dartmoor GS
  • Haven Island
0 voters
4 Likes

The high security guards in New York have one.

7 Likes

Iā€™m a bit torn between Dartmoor & Sgail. Dartmoor has one of the lowest variation counts of all maps (only 5 mansion staff!) but you have a good point about H3 vs H2 maps. Sgail NPCs feel very same-y to me, but thatā€™s probably because almost everyone has a uniform there. Iā€™m not sure how much could be done without destroying the dress code. :ā€‹P

2 Likes

Oh, Iā€™m sure I can certainly think of some things for the Civillians. The Staff is gonna be a bit more challenging, but Iā€™m looking forward to the challenge. (Seems like Havenā€™s gonna win anyway, though I got time to figure everything out.)

1 Like

I have two polls for SMF you should all do:

3 Likes

While I did vote for some things in the 1st link, I canā€™t say I know what a lot of those things are. And I kinda donā€™t like giving an uninformed vote. :confused:

Handlers via earpiece: Chongqing is without filter

In the second poll, what is the distinction between Mod Manager Experience & Ease of using SMF? Maybe itā€™s my lack of sleep, but I canā€™t think of a meaningful way those two would be different.

Theyā€™re similar but Mod Manager Experience is more about how enjoyable it is to use while Ease of Using SMF is purely how easy it is to access/use each function.

Hmm, I guess I see the two as being very linked. To me the enjoyment of a tool like SMF is that itā€™s easy to use and does what it needs to. In any case, Iā€™ve ranked those two right next to each other.

Hey guys, Iā€™ve been lurking on this thread for a bit and I have questions : how much work would it be to add the glasses from agent 17ā€™s suit to every outfit in the game ? And how should I go about it ? From what Iā€™ve got I should add or replace .temp and .tblu files on every outfit, which sounds like a very very long endeavour. Saw a mod that added an eyepatch to every outfit but it didnā€™t have any .tblu or .temp so I assume the guy altered 47ā€™s face model directly to add the eyepatch, so wondering if maybe it would be easier to do it that way.

You would probably want to edit 47ā€™s head rather than individual outfits, yes. I think there are several heads 47 uses, but not nearly as many as outfits.

This guide should be useful for understanding how outfit modding works, I assume itā€™s fairly similar for editing heads: Patching Suits With New Parts | glaciermodding.org

For the heads used on outfits from 2016, youā€™ll probably need to use a pair of sunglasses from a 2016 outfit. Iā€™m pretty sure the Sapienza delivery man uses the same sunglasses (which were later converted by IO to use on the H2+ outfits)