Games with egyptian aesthetics?

Hi guys! I’m a video game designer, and I’m interested in finding some games for inspiration. Do you know of any games with ancient Egyptian aesthetics? Like Lara Croft And The Temple Of Osiris or Aarupolis by Tom Horn? I play the second one because of the slot expert DiceGirl Egle. I also love the game Ankh, the first version is very nostalgic, and the best for me is Ankh 3, Any recommendations for other similar games? I´ll really appreciate that information. Have a nice day! :wink:

4 Likes

Assassin’s Creed Origin is the big one out there. Then plenty of strategy games like Pharaoh, Immortal Cities: Children of the Nile and Builders of Egypt should be up your alley :grin:

5 Likes

Played this recently and I can attest to it.

3 Likes

Highly recommend AC Origin for the virtual museum tours alone. Gameplay is great fun too.

5 Likes

Aside from the already mentioned ones, the Total War series might also be of use - namely Pharaoh and perhaps even the first Rome (and/or its remaster) - as well as Age of Empires (the first one, or via the Return to Rome expansion for the second one).

5 Likes

PowerSlave Exhumed.

1 Like

Back into the clown room with you, Civvie 11.
lKjGiUz

The Talos Principle

7 Likes

Damn, how could I forget about Serious Sam The First Encounter :grin:

Persona 5 has a dungeon set in an Egyptian pyramid, with an incredible theme. Sonic 3 and Knuckles has Sandopolis Zone, while Sonic Adventure 2 has you visit some pyramids apparently located near San Francisco and is hiding a space shuttle launch complex. Sam and Max Season 3: The Devil’s Playhouse episode 2 sees the pair visiting Egypt.

2 Likes

The Temple area in Spelunky 2 will do the job, especially if you like dying repeatedly in unfair and unavoidable ways, while Derek Yu laughs in your face.

4 Likes

The Prince of Persia games come to mind.

2 Likes

Well most of them take place in Persia or on the border of Persia with the opening levels of Sands of Time being set in India. Nowhere near Egypt :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Yeah but they kind of… feel Egyptian? That sounded stupid as I typed it lol

2 Likes

Strange Brigade

Forewarned

3 Likes