Game News Thread

6 Likes

That’s the first time that cod has been mildly interesting in the last 18 years or so lmao

4 Likes

If you even wondered what the Postal games were all about but didn’t want to spend money on them then you’re in luck, RWS are giving it away for free

6 Likes

I can’t wait to play this game with my friends

6 Likes

“The game includes fantasy drug use, but in the Review Board’s opinion, the game mechanic ultimately provides disincentives related to drug-taking behaviour…”
“The game also contains high impact themes that are justified by the context of colonists surviving in an inhospitable fantasy world.”

So they banned it because drugs exist in the game but everything else (like slavery) is justified and a-ok
10wz25

What is it with Australia and drugs? Disco Elysium was banned for same reason when everything else was all acceptable.

5 Likes

Except the Steam Release is the best release and has mod support.

2 Likes

For someone that’s just curious, the GoG version is a good option. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
3 Likes

In response to Sega’s Sonic Origins pricing announcement, you’ve got to love this savagery from Devolver, the developers behind the upcoming Trek to Yomi! :rofl:

11 Likes

Our country doesn’t like depictions of drug use if the consequences for doing so are not shown.

3 Likes

No Telltale involvement is a bit scary to me. From what I’ve heard and seen of the writing/characters in Borderlands 3, I wouldn’t trust them to keep the TFTBL style intact.

3 Likes

I would be worried but since I hate how they left every single on of those plot threads dangling I am going to have to say, bring it on.

Also I heard the new Borderlands game had better writing than 3 so who knows?

1 Like

Given that the initial marketing here is specifically mentioning New characters and events, it doesn’t look like they’ll be continuing on from the previous TFTB.

IMO that might be a good thing, if its a different team.

2 Likes

Ooh, some mixed feelings here. I actually used to be a proper big fan of Borderlands back in 2011-2015, I have several hundred hours in BL1, BL2, and The Pre-Sequel each. I adored Tales From the Borderlands, easily the best Borderlands narrative of any of the games. Then the gap between games happened, I lost touch with my co-op buddies, and when Borderlands 3 arrived, it just didn’t quite meet the hype. Didn’t help that The Pre-Sequel ended with a big teaser for the third game, where there was the tease that every surviving Vault Hunter/aka every playable character still alive from every game thus far was going to be in 3 to battle a war, Avengers style. Borderlands 3 decided to drop and ignore that plot point and instead we got a mix of characters and a pretty underwelming plot. I have alot of problems with 3’s plot, including the decision to kill off a couple of major characters. I haven’t played the BL3 DLCs yet, not sure if they are any better, have barely kept up with any of Wonderlands.

So yeah, Gearbox running off and making their own Tales game without Telltale involvement doesn’t sound terribly promising to me.

2 Likes

This one was new to me and looks really interesting, especially if you enjoyed Fenyx Rising. Asterigos: Curse of the Stars is a fantasy RPG inspired by Greek and Roman mythology with elements of gameplay resembling Horizon and Tomb Raider. Assuming there are no delays, it is supposed to be coming in autumn/fall 2022 to all major platforms.

To quote the game director, Cheng Hsien Lin, you play as Hilda of the Northwind Legion as she sets out “in order to save her lost father, whilst discovering the truth behind the city’s curse.”

Edited to add a link to a discussion of the game from the game director at Xbox Wire:

1 Like

RIP Ubi

5 Likes

They´ve also sacked online support for a lot of their older games, and the fact that they completely cut off access to the singleplayer Uplay rewards/unlocks (even if previously redeemed) without providing an alternative just shows how much they don´t give a shit (surprise surprise). And what a bright idea it was to lock content behind a launcher “paywall” in the first place…

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/article/multiplayer-and-online-services-availability-in-ubisoft-games/000064576

I am genuinely frightened if this touches games in the future where Uplay rewards actually include gameplay content (looking at you, The Da Vinci Disappearance). Actually, from what I´m seeing, AC2´s support got killed off last year and the Auditore family crypt may have been affected. Guess it´s time to launch a new game and check to see if I need to send Ubi a fuck you email…

Edit:
So if these (very recent) articles are to be believed, the content should be available, though not for all games (Ezio trilogy seems to be covered though, so that´s a plus).
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/article/accessing-additional-content-in-assassins-creed-2/000060497
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/connectivity-and-performance/article/unlocking-ubisoft-connect-rewards-for-legacy-games/000080266?origin=middle

7 Likes

Fuck Ubisoft.

3 Likes

Shame, shame, shame

8 Likes

I wonder if the guy behind their Sonic Twitter account can come up with a witty comment about this.

7 Likes