Game News Thread

Elden Ring won game of the year, not a lot of competition this year it seems.

6 Likes

Urgh. I hope this Sequel will be better than BotW. Fucking hate that game.

1 Like

Excuse the pun, but this is quite Epic.

8 Likes

APRIL 27TH, BABY STANLEY!!

Steam, Switch, Ps4, Ps5, Xbox One, Series X/S

12 Likes

Releases April 27th

4/27

Employee 427

Kek, this game still manages to get a kick out of me.

6 Likes

YAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

3 Likes

Among Us Horse Mode.
Available until April 1st, 8pm EST (12am UTC)

3 Likes
3 Likes

Not exactly news, but if thereĀ“s anyone here interested in Paradox grand strategy games, Humble Bundle has an offer on the whole EUIV collection, i.e. base game plus all DLCs, for 20 bucks. Which is a hell of a bargain considering their standard (as well as discounted) price.

5 Likes

Holy shit!

13 Likes

Awesome! I hope for Broken Sword 6 getting announced soon too! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Madre de dios! Es el pollo diablo!

This reminds me that I wanted to add some Monkey Island soundtrack to my phoneā€¦

5 Likes

Apparently, the legendary and crafty game designer, Ron Gilbert, first announced the game on April Foolsā€™ day on his blog, leaving everyone unsure if it was a joke or not.

But he announced today via his Twitter account that it is not a hoax and heā€™s been secretly working on the game for two years.

Good times ahead! :+1:

4 Likes

unbelievably happy about this. hope we get 1 & 2 for PS4; my daughter would love them.

5 Likes

Maybe the special Edition? I think i have 1 and 2 for the Xbox 360.

3 Likes

yeah, thatā€™s what iā€™m hoping.

2 Likes

Crystal Dynamics has just announced that a new Tomb Raider game is now in development using Unreal Engine 5.

By the way, do we know why this forum doesnā€™t allow us to copy and paste Twitter links directly like other media websites? It just appears as a URL rather than an embedded link like YouTube and others. I have to screenshot the tweet and paste it between a URL tag to show the Tweet.

10 Likes

Itā€™s a thing with discourse in general.

3 Likes

Thanks for that information, Hichkas. :+1:

The Coalition (developers of Gears of War) revealed another Unreal Engine 5 demo at the State of Unreal event called ā€œThe Cavernā€. They stress itā€™s not footage from an actual game they are developing, but the entire video is a demo of what can be generated using the Unreal Engine. No CGI. Tens of millions of polygons generated in real-time. Itā€™s quite astounding and gives us some idea of what we can begin to expect over the next few years of gaming.

3 Likes

With the recent news that E3 is not happening again this year, THQ Nordic have announced that they will be running a digital showcase on 12 August. They promise a long list of IPs, showing the progress of those games already announced last year (like Outcast 2: A New Beginning and Jagged Alliance 3) and news of several brand new games currently being developed.

1 Like