Autumn (2024) Roadmap Speculation

In fairness, how things have gone so far this year, the comment had legitimacy at the time.

1 Like

This is good news though:

To give more visibility on our upcoming schedule, we can confirm that another patch for HITMAN World of Assassination is planned before the end of the year. This update will bring more content to HITMAN World of Assassination, and we look forward to sharing more as soon as we are ready to.

Here’s hoping this “more content” is actually new content, and not just loading-in support for the Drop paid DLC and any misc. challenges for trivial items already in the game… :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Nah, it’s just support for even more wine bottles!

5 Likes

It will be the Season of the Bottle! Challenges to unlock the Malbec, the Cabernet Sauvignon, the 1945 Grand Paladin, the Whiskey bottle you get in Dubai, The Atlantide bottle from The Disruptor, and a challenge pack where you can unlock all variants of the Vodka Bottle!

To follow up on working with a controversial figure for The Disruptor, they chose another one and the new celeb ET features Logan Paul with a corresponding Prime Bottle Suit to unlock!

15 Likes

Unironically it would be funny if they do a challenge pack leaning into it.
If it’s in addition to more potent content that is.

Or, to make it interesting: large bottles for each of the three poison types hidden as bottles.
Have the description say that the poison is hidden in the cork to explain why it’s one dose.

• Melee+break on impact+poison.
  • Emetic Atlantide Water Bottle
  • Sedative Whiskey Bottle
  • Lethal Grand Paladin Bottle
11 Likes

I wouldn’t mind this at all tbh. Atlantide Water Bottle could even create an electrifiable puddle like what was suggested by @mahpasconnu recently.

3 Likes

Honestly I was kinda expecting them to announce that The Warlord was going to be released next month then give her The Drop at the last second like they did last year.

I expect nothing especially, we’ll see what they will bring in the upcoming weeks.

I’d prefer the game being more polished, with bug fixes and tweaks over new content, at least for a little time :hammer_and_wrench:

That would be a huge mistake imo :grimacing:

They’re busy with Project Fantasy and 007. Remaking a brand new game with new mechanics and whole new team to work on it would only complicate things at the moment.

Meanwhile, there’s still enough potential for HITMAN: WoA to be expanded way further than it actually is through new content :+1:

Not only cosmetic packs, but mostly new maps, missions, freelancer stuff…

3 Likes

I’m pretty much done with the WoA, it was a very good run, but now its getting really stale.

I want a new game with a new story (that isn’t as boring as the WoA), new mechanics etc.

7 Likes

I would be surprised, if we wouldn’t get another Hitman Game somewhere down the line, but at this moment I don’t think it will happen soon.

We haven’t even seen anything from the James Bond Game yet and that was announced 4 years ago.

4 Likes

Much like Project 007 is most likely gonna borrow a lot of what it learned from WoA, the next Hitman game will probably borrow some of the ideas that work for Project 007, assuming it is successful.

4 Likes

Even if it’s not successful, it’ll sell very well; Bond IP being well known and brand power and all that.

(It would also not surprise me if H:WOA got some Bond-inspired cosmetics in the final update; though I’m not sure how we can even do that considering the Tuxedo exists…)

3 Likes

Yeah, I had the same thought, but since we are still waiting on anything of Bond, an announcement of a new Hitman game wouldn’t be any news really. We kind of know, that there will be a new game at some point, so we don’t need an announcement to wait until 2029 or so when it is finally released.

That 007 will be succesful isn’t really in question, is it? The name alone should sell it.

1 Like

You would think, but that doesn’t always happen.

The previous bond game; 007 Legends, didn’t sell well because it was delisted two months later.

This game has quite a lot of hype behind it, primarily because the marriage between Bond and Hitman is so perfect that, even if it’s just a reskin of Hitman, it’ll still be good, story be damned.

2 Likes

Can’t be sure of anything, I agree. But as long as the game isn’t complete shit or in a genre, nobody plays anymore, I think, it should be safe. We will see.

1 Like

IOI releases Bond: Extreme Deckbuilder

3 Likes

Bond: Ice Road Trucker.

2 Likes

About 25 years ago someone thought, it would be a great idea to make a 007 Racing Game, so everything is possible.

1 Like

IOI have already confirmed in the below interviews and multiple ones after these that 47 will most definitely be back in the future.

8 Likes