Autumn (2024) Roadmap Speculation

Discuss potential ideas on what you’d like to see, or what you might think we’ll see in the Autumn roadmap?

Do you think we’ll the roadmap will be Celebrity themed like what IOI did with Sean Bean and Connor McGregor, or do you think we’ll be back to the Seasonal Roadmap theme?

Either way, I’m hoping Freelancer gets some more love and we get some more Safehouse items in the two roadmaps we have remaining for Year 4 :grin:

12 Likes

I’d like to see the Season of a new Game being announced.

13 Likes

I could see the next roadmap not be an “Autumn” roadmap.
Year 4 has stopped using seasonal naming convention.
But even more I could see the game be in an in-between right now.

I think it’s going to be transitionary one:

• one roadmap end of August to September/very start of October
  • one Halloween/Event roadmap from October to November
  • one Holiday roadmap as usual for December to January to close Year 4 with the usual bells and whistles

As for what will be inside: I don’t see a CelebrET so soon. Unless it’s the Drop #2.
I could see one for the next one though.

As for the rest of the content: again a transitionary roadmap.

I think it will be relatively underwhelming, maybe a good suit or some interstingly chosen legacy item made unlocks.
I could see the Coin™ though. (it is a legacy item after all)

But I think anything more original than that will need the time to go through the pipeline.
IOI just showed that they know they were a bit lacking, and willing to work there. But time will be needed.

The rest will be the usual ETs and FC.

If I’m mean I will copy-paste what @BlobSponge just created for the meme topic (aka “The Exclusive Useless Items”):

Because I posted just before what I think of the current unlocks in the wishlist category.
General Whishlist: have unlocks be items with original combinations of the existing items properties, not just reskins

13 Likes

The Vodka should be an illegal item in-game due to the increasing ban on Russian food and beverages.

Autumn Leaf should be added to this roadmap and function as ninja stars.

1 Like

I quote Veronique Lallier, IO Interactive chief development officer, here from a web article dated July 16, 2024:

It might not come as a surprise, then, to learn that IOI isn’t done with Hitman 3 by any means. Lallier teases that, after new Elusive Targets like McGregor and the roguelike Freelancer mode last year, the developer still has “more surprises to come to the game,” and right now they’re pencilled in for a reveal later this year.

Source

20 Likes

I would like to get Assassin’s hwk21 covert pistol in the main game and contract mode.

3 Likes

Realistically, it will likely be the season of a re-release of The Drop ET and the associated Arcade DLC.

The Y4 ETs will likely be (and in this order): The Iconoclast, The Politician and The Chameleon. Possibly The Ascensionist too. They’re running in the same order as Y3, so the only unknown is where the cut off will be for the roadmap.

5 Likes

Well, I suppose the current roadmap was emphasised as being the Summer roadmap I guess?

Yeah we’ll definitely get the Festive roadmap at the end of the year like we have done for the last few years. Hopefully we get some really cool stuff to ensure Year 4 goes out with a bang :grin:

6 Likes

At this point, all that I ask is that they reactivate the Year 1 Elusive Targets so us Steam players finally get a chance to actually play them. I can’t begin to describe how frustrating it is to see them permanently say “Missed” when it was impossible for Steam players to even play them in the first place. They reactivated the Year 2 targets, so I’m crossing my fingers they do the same for Year 1 at some point. Come on, IO. Just let me 100% your game.

6 Likes

There is/was some sort of way to play them after the fact - there’s a couple of people on the leaderboards on Steam for the Y1 ETs.

Do tell…

1 Like

Based on the previous roadmaps, next one should be the season of The Drop, including:

• Another run of the ET, including the respective arcade DLC
  • A new twitch drop, maybe a purple pistol
  • 2-3 batches of FCs, at least one of them Halloween themed and hopefully playtested this time
  • 3 challenges with unlocks, at least one of them Halloween themed (most likely located on the Mills Reverie escalation). The vampire magician outfit is a strong candidate for a Halloween themed unlock.
  • 3-4 ETs
  • Contracts mode support for the Mills Reverie?
  • A Halloween themed challenge pack like the cloud nine and codename 47 packs we got last year would be cool. Although they haven’t done any challenge pack this year so this is unlikely.

The “reveal later this year” from the article someone posted above is probably coming on the winter roadmap. Maybe a new celebrity ET? all roadmaps so far have been themed around one.

2 Likes

IO: Ok, guys, I hope you’re ready for some exciting Year 4 content!

FANS: New map?

IO: Well, no, as we’ve said before, Hitman content is winding down, so new maps are impossible. Er, even if it is the only thing most players actually want.

FANS: New map.

IO: There’s still plenty of great new content, like the twentieth reactivation of Elusive Targets, or a challenge where you hit a target with a durian and unlock a durian! Crazy, eh?

FANS: New. Map.

IO: Look, you dont have to be so whiny and entitled. The fact that we’re even still working on the game-

FANS: NEW MAP!

IO: Fine, in an hour we’ll shadowdrop a ski resort mountain village airport level that we’ve been working on. Happy?

FANS: New map : )

16 Likes

Imagine the cool Safehouse cosmetics and items if that’s the case? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Forget a new map, just fix the Freelancer bugs, release all ETs as permanent fixtures, make the game fully playable offline, and give me a tactical turtleneck with gloves, and I’ll be good to go.

6 Likes

surprises later this year

27 Likes

Yeah a new map is definitely not on the table I’m guessing. To be honest, at this stage in the games life cycle, it’s not something that crossed my mind to be honest. After all, IOI did give us two new maps which they promised a few years ago which was Ambrose Island and the Safehouse. I believe those two maps were the only maps that were originally in the files across in the leaks section?

As for Freelancer, yes we definitely need to see them bug fixes. Also, the longstanding issue around the missing coin needs to be fixed. I know Combatglue has acknowledged this has been sent to the Devs again, which is promising news! :wink: My final request for Freelancer is we finally get the Seasonal Safehouse decorations! :grin:

4 Likes

Wake me up when theres new bonus missions in properly reworked maps :raised_hand::sleeping:

15 Likes

Don’t expect much more than the two previous roadmaps we’d got:

• The celebrET will be very likely the Drop (with a long window of play for the regular ET - almost 1 month).
  • A DLC pack with the Drop Arcade, and related items (and 1 suit).
  • A Twitch Drop (with something purple).
  • Some items with corresponding challenges (I do hope some Freelancer items but I do dream).
  • Probably the Mills Reverie return (if the roadmap lasts all Fall long) with a new challenge.
  • ET reruns, and FC.

Very surprised to see something really new in the next roadmap.

15 Likes

A new map would be perfect! But unrealistic.

A good alternative would be a reworked map or two, maybe with freelancer in mind while simultaneously releasing all existing alternative maps to freelancer :crossed_fingers:
I keep saying this, but it would honestly add so much replayability to the game! I love Sapienza, but I know it in and out by now - I want to explore the Landslide version to the same extent.

We can hope that at least some of this is what they mean by “more surprises to come”.
(And the Coin™)

9 Likes