August 2024 Blog Post

The Drop Returns

Sep 12 - Oct 14

The summer music festivals are in full swing around the world, providing the perfect backdrop for Alexios Laskaridis to make his return as our next Elusive Target! The Drop, featuring superstar DJ Dimitri Vegas, will return to HITMAN World of Assassination from September 12th to October 14th. This encore gives players another chance to take down the DJ if they didn’t complete their mission the first time around, or to find new creative ways to eliminate him. To mark the occasion, The Drop will be part of the Free Starter Pack, and a new The Drop DLC will be released, providing permanent access to the mission as well as cosmetics, items, and decorations for the Freelancer Safehouse.

A roadmap covering the duration of The Drop mission will be released when The Drop returns. This roadmap will include new challenges, and additionally, a new Twitch Drop will be available after The Drop’s return begins.

Upcoming Updates

To give more visibility on our upcoming schedule, we can confirm that another patch for HITMAN World of Assassination is planned before the end of the year. This update will bring more content to HITMAN World of Assassination, and we look forward to sharing more as soon as we are ready to.

Community Feedback

We have been closely monitoring community feedback for HITMAN World of Assassination and have implemented suggested improvements in past patches. We will continue to do so and plan to release further improvements and bug fixes in the coming months.

Moreover, we will also pursue increasing our communication on our official channels, such as the Hitman Forum, to share updates and gather your feedback. We have also populated our TikTok channel with more content and updates, with plenty more to come.

Community Events

We also wanted to highlight the Roulette Rivals 15 event which started on August 9th and will run until September 8th. As a reminder, Roulette Rivals is a competitive HITMAN event where players face off by completing missions subject to “roulette spins” — randomly generated mission conditions— as quickly as possible. The matches are best-of-three, with each player selecting a HITMAN map, and the first to successfully finish wins. This event welcomes players of all skill levels and is supported by a passionate speedrunning community. Whether you’re a seasoned veteran or new to the game, there’s a place for you to test your HITMAN skills. More info can be found here.

20 Likes

We need more than 1 patch before the end of the year.
Espesially when they include nothing but typo fixes

@Combatglue @Marchouette please make a note on this

17 Likes

Like all temporary ETs I fast-forwarded through the Drop with a fart bomb when he came out so I’m quite happy we’ll be able to try different things in the Arcade.

6 Likes

Interesting that they specifically say the roadmap is for just the duration of the Drop mission. Maybe they’re doing a few monthly roadmaps again like they did at the end of last year?

8 Likes

One of the most generic posts I’ve seen.
“You can once again play something we already released”
“Upcoming updates: There’ll be an update… some time before the end of the year. It will fix… stuff”
“Community Feedback: We will… continue to listen to feedback, and try post on HMF a bit more”
“Community Events: There’s this regularly scheduled thing that a few dozen people play… it is continuing to regularly happen” (No disrespect to RR)

Bit odd

18 Likes

At least it was a bit of feedback, acknowledgement that they are at least reading us

5 Likes

Hey everyone! Sorry I hadn’t posted this yet on the forum, but I see you have already found it on the website!

We are doing our best to keep you guys informed and hopefully be able to fix bugs reported by you, and make further improvements based on your feedback to us.

I’m afraid that at this point I need to stay a bit generic on this topic. Just know we do read a lot of what you are writing on here, and will always do our best to get that feedback to our development team so we can deliver updates with things you are asking for.

Feel free to ask away about the blogpost in this topic! (I will be on vacation in the coming days but will have a look as soon as I get back)

(I’m back on Monday :wink: )

27 Likes

Looks like we are in for three roadmpas to the end of Year 4.
The Drop returns. Halloween/Event. And Winter.

And it looks good.
I have hope that there are a few interesting things in the pipeline, and I’m not talking bug patch. Not large, but interesting playful bits. But are still TBD before they are certain and proper.
And hopefully having them be center stage when the time comes.

With the game currently in an in-between.

At least that’s how I read it.
And I like it.

10 Likes

So, a few things. Called it on The Drop being part of the Autumn (Fall) roadmap, and glad to see we’ll have permanent access to him. Just need those pesky restricted loadout ETs, The Fixer, and The Wild Card to show up in Arcade mode and we’ll have a full set. Take notes, IOI.

Secondly, while vague and not necessarily promising anything, this post does at least make clear IOI is watching and listening to what we say, is responding accordingly, and attempting to take steps to maintain better communication as we had with them in the past. It’s a step in the right direction.

Now, how big of a step is yet to be seen. It doesn’t mean much if the things we ask for in our communications with them - namely, fixes to bugs and glitches that have plagued us for years that we are losing patience on - are not actually being done. So we’ll see how much attention is actually being paid, but still, a step in the right direction, nonetheless. We just need to see more and bigger steps. One small step for Hitman, one giant leap for IOI.

10 Likes

I look forward to the $5 DLC with permanent ET access and some new cosmetics and item reskins. I am not saying this sarcastically. Hoping there’s a unique new inventory item in there, but doubtful.

Edit: “The Drop Mixtape Audio Distraction Device”? It plays Dimitri’s most famous playlist… but you can only hear it if you’re within 2 meters…

9 Likes

Same - I wonder what the Freelancer items would be that the announcement alludes to? I don’t think the other ET DLCs had anything Freelancer in them, excluding suits of course.

a new Twitch Drop

Yay, so exciting :expressionless:

2 Likes

IO is communicating. Nice :+1:

With content updates like these I always struggle not to come off as rude when I dont intent it to be. I personally do no longer care about these breadcrumb content drops anymore. I wont launch up my game to unlock these new items. I wont play an ET contract which I’ve completed countless times. And I wont leave my phone facing down for an hour to unlock a purple item through a Twitch stream. And thats fine.

IO Interactive doesn’t owe us anything anymore, so all of these content drops are neat little presents. I’m of the opinion however, that “quantity over quality” is starting to be inevetible, since all that can be added now is a reskin. It is a shame that IO wont save their time and resources to create one or two more bonus missions a la Landslide. Some of the trilogy’s greatest maps are begging for an alternation. :weary: That would be something to come back for.

Regarding the celebrET’s of these past months: cool, I guess. Neat of IO to offer them as permanent content through DLC packs. I wonder how much of their celebrity budget will actually be earned back through them.

I hope yall who are invested in the game will like the new stuff. :slight_smile: If it isnt for new bonus missions or a new map, I hope the day will come when they move on to their next project, and let the WoA trilogy become an untouched (polished!!) classic.

9 Likes

Both the Undying and the Disruptor had cosmetic Safehouse decoration unlocks as part of their paid DLCs.

7 Likes

Talking of the next Twitch Drop:

What do you think will be the Drop Returns twitch Drop?
  • The Purple Streak Sieger 3000
  • The Purple Streak ICA19
  • The Purple Streak Coin
  • The Purple Streak Fiberwire
  • The Purple Streak suit returns
  • Other
0 voters
4 Likes

Given that we have had the suit, briefcase, and duck, the ICA-19 is the safe bet for the next purple coating.

4 Likes

Okay, so are we gonna be for 3 weeks without anything? No ET’s, not challanges, no FC? That’s not good.

6 Likes

@ZeroGravitas Maybe purple earphones as an audio-themed fiber wire skin?

7 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. Purple earphones would go nicely with The Drop.

6 Likes

Even better would be a purple ledge to push him off of. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes