Hitman WOA - Challenge Ideas

Thanks so much, my mindset is to add more content to Chongqing and also maybe try to get in some unlocks and references you wouldnt usually find in Hitman

That’s a good one too! I actually kinda like that better, might use Dollotron for a different challenge name. I was playing Arkham Knight recently and liked the idea of referencing Professor Pyg in a challenge. Maybe a challenge in the Gluttony Gobble or Halliwell Fable might be a good opportunity for that

3 Likes

Looking at the recent DLCs, I’ve been thinking that it could be nice to unlock safehouse cosmetics via challenges and to have “souvenirs” from the levels in the safehouse.

As an example:

• Name: Stand aside, worthy adversaries! (“Tis but a Scratch” already exists :wink:)
  • Type: Feats
  • Description: Pacify 10 guards with a mace while wearing the Knight armor
  • Mission: Isle of Sgail
  • Unlock: Knight armor on plinth cosmetic

PS:
A related (but unrealistic) challenge/unlock could be:

• Name: Chivalry is dead
  • Type: Feats
  • Description: Eliminate all Knights (that appear after killing or pacifying all NPCs)
  • Mission: Isle of Sgail
  • Unlock: Knight armor suit
10 Likes

Name: 47? What on earth are you doing?
Type: Feats
Description: Eliminate Don Archibald Yates and Tamara Videl while Diana is… busy*.
Mission: The Farewell
Unlock: 1945 Grand Paladin

*As in “throwing up”. Bring a Sieker, an emetic grenade, whatever. Gear up with emetic poison so you can take your time while Diana pukes her guts out.
Maybe multiple times.
Depending on how fast you can be or how well you can plan ahead.

5 Likes

Name: By Wits Alone
Description:

• Complete the mission Silent Assassin
    • Do not bring any items or weapons
    • Do not pick any items or weapons

Mission: I’m going to say Paris? For the tradition of it. Could be any of them really
Carpathian Mountains would be more appropriate suit unlock wise, and would have the advantage of not having a loadout possible from the get go. But it would be less interesting to play though.

(edit: Paris is possible, even suit only if one wishes. Carpathian Mountains is not just boring to do, but impossible in the default start, with an obligatory crowbar pick. I might have just found my new challenge runs for the next months. :smiley: )

Unlocks: Minimal 47

(a version of Patient 47 without the medical equipments, just swapping them out, should be easy to create in almost no time.)

10 Likes

Name: One-Armed Bandit
Map: Colorado
Conditions:

• Hit Maya Parvati’s prosthetic arm with three bullets
  • Do not pacify, kill or injure Maya Parvati
  • Do not get spotted

Reward: Six apricots

One-time distractions are not so useful but having six of them? Maybe that can be handy if you don’t want to bring 3 coins you need to pick up again!
Apricots appear on slot machines (I think?) so that fits the theme and map.
Note that injuring Maya Parviati counts as such if any other body part is hit with bullets or if food items are thrown at her head.

18 Likes

Never would’ve thought I could be convinced that an apricot would make a good unlock but I like the idea of a high amount of one time distractions. Maybe it should be a different item with the same effect as the apricot, because I can already see there being complaints about the apricot being a weird unlock ala Pinot Noir

I really like this idea

Challenge One

Name: Stay Hydrated
Map: Dubai
Type: Asassination
Conditions:

• Eliminate Marcus Styuvesant in the Art Exhibit by dumping or pushing him into the water
  • Eliminate Carl Ingram with an electrified accident using the Penthouse’s water feature

Reward: Water canister

Challenge Two

Name: Smoker’s Digest
Map: Mendoza
Type: Assassination
Conditions:

• Eliminate Tamara Vidal while she is smoking with a gas tank or propane flask
  • Eliminate Don Yates while he is practicing his speech by sabotaging his fireplace

Reward: Cannibus joint x2

Challenge Three

Name: 6 and 47, the Flower Pot Men
Map: Dartmoor
Conditions:

• Eliminate Alexa Carlisle with a falling flower pot in Zachary’s room

Reward: Poisonous flower (Emetic)

Challenge Four

Name: Taste of Your Own Medicine
Conditions:

Challenge Five

Name: In the Sitting Room, with the Cakes
Type: Feat
Conditions:

• Poison Phineas Whitmer with any kind of consumed poison
  • Then steal his outfit

Reward: The PI Suit

Challenge Six

Name: Grease Monkey
Map: Berlin
Conditions:

• Complete Apex Predator, using the Biker start, without leaving the Biker warehouse
    Reward: Cocaine brick x3

Challenge Seven

Name: Raving Mad
Conditions:

• Complete Apex Predator, using the DJ start, without leaving the club

Reward: The Assassin’s Pistol

Challenge Eight

Name: Is this what you wanted?
Map: Sapienza
Conditions:

• Eliminate Francesca Desantis with the Hidden Virus Prototype, in front of Silvio Caruso

Reward: Antique Sedative Syringe

Challenge Nine

Name: Electric Avenue
Map: Ambrose Island
Conditions:

• Eliminate Noel Crest and Akka with the bug zappers
  • The kill can be either from the zapper falling on their head, or used to activate a different accident trap

Reward: an Agent Smith “Suit”

Challenge Ten

Name: Zap to the Extreme!
Conditions:

• Eliminate 5 agents in Berlin with Electric trap accidents

Reward: a red and blue rugby shirt (disclaimer this challenge might be a joke suggestion)

7 Likes

I have to point out: unless it’s a reskin of it, distinct from it,making the PI suit an unlock will break every single gameplay in Dartmoor.

It will break the mastery unlock design of the location. It will break the entire track in Freelancer. It will break every ET using the map.

I sincerely don’t wish to be that guy. But I also know that historically challenge idea on this topic are used to inspire real content in roadmap. And they can be chosen a bit carelessly for the game, which I genuinely don’t want to see again.

11 Likes

yea i was jumping the gun suggesting this because the new suits arent released yet but i just want to clarify that the suit wouldnt have the properties of the PI disguise. What happened was I saw some people on Peacock have obtained the new unlocks and were using them, and it turns out they are just what you described: suit reskins, without the trespassing zones of the actual disguises

So just wanted to clarify that if IO implements an unlock for that it’s only going to be via making it have the regular suits’ trespassing zones

5 Likes

The travel suitcase with the Argentina sticker should be an illegal item in Dartmoor with any guard catching you with it immediately opening fire and being like “This is for the Falklands you bastard!”.

1 Like