Game News Thread

Huh? Sony didn’t make this. Its an indie game in early access on Steam right now I think.

We on playstation at least get the benefit that while Xbox is now gonna have two “Honey I Shrunk the Kids-type Survival Games”, we will have access to one of them too!

3 Likes

Oh I saw the Sony logo and thought they might have released the trailer in a State of Play.

3 Likes

Oh lol, yeah no that’s just obligatory Sony branding before a Sony-leaning platform trailer.

The company’s own platform reveal trailer is just the two platforms, no sony or microsoft logo. :+1:

4 Likes

Inflation – coming to a fake currency near you!

Who the hell at Epic Games needs a 5th Yacht???

6 Likes
3 Likes

I love me a game with interactive systems. Been wanting to play this for a while. I don’t have a PC (well, not a gaming one). I’ve got a Mac, PS4, XSS, and most recently, a Steamdeck.

Teardown will be coming to PS+ Extra/Premium, but only for current gen.

I will get it either for XSeries or Deck then. I hear conflicting things about how it runs on Deck, but I’m willing to add it to the library…

4 Likes

YAAAY Ooh I was excited for its release already but it’s gonna be so fun and easy to get into this if its in the catalog, especially if I’m still a little unsure if it’s my kind of game.
(Freeform, “do whatever” games are overwhelming to me!)

3 Likes
3 Likes

Atlus: We’re remaking Persona 3, with better graphics, more story content, not to mention the most refined the Persona battle system has ever been, not to mention a new remixed soundtrack.

People: Eh…

Atlus: Also you can pet the dog now.

People: TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, no one posted this yet but uhhh Unity walked back their abysmal runtime fees update… mostly.

the Unity Personal program will remain free, there will be no Runtime Fee on that version of the engine.

Games that don’t earn more than 1 million$ in a given 12-month period won’t be subject to the fee.

Runtime Fee will only apply to Pro and Enterprise versions that are created with the next update version to Unity in 2024. You can choose to stay on the current version to avoid this.

Games can now share revenue with Unity using a 2.5% revenue share, or the amount based on the number of new people engaging with the game every month. These are self-reported by developers themselves, and the bill will always be the lesser amount of the two.

So… yeah. A decent walk-back, but horribly horribly timed and doesn’t (can’t) fix all the trust broken with that initial shock reveal.

8 Likes

Online Services for 3DS and Wii U will cease in April 2024.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/63227/

*the Pokemon Bank app will still be supported, for an unknown amount of time.

6 Likes

Christ.

2 Likes

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuuuuck!!

I doubt the Expanse turned too much of a profit Both in its niche game IP and lackluster presentation.
Telltale also recently repeated history in spending money and buying out a studio – but they laid off people again.

I’m getting really, really worried for Wolf 2 now. :grimacing: Will there EVER be a Wolf Among Us again??

8 Likes

Turns out the Wolf Among Us

was the friends we made along the way.

4 Likes
9 Likes

Good.

6 Likes

A few years back I would´ve been immensely hyped, but after what Kalypso did with the remaster(s), I´m somewhere between oblivious to cautiously optimistic. The origins concept is something I would´ve liked seeing from Mimimi, akin to Desperados III, and is a reasonable way to go (would be nice if Claymore could snatch some ex-Mimimi people now to help polish this). However, this trailer lacks any of the atmosphere the old games had (including Strike Force) and everything in it just looks way too artificial and plastic. It´s early footage though, so I certainly hope things will improve by the time the game comes out.

On a plus note, the handful of screenshots seem to indicate that there won´t be any censorship on Kalypso´s part this time around (knock on wood), so hopefully that will be the case throughout the whole game. They really oughta patch those remasters and make them worth buying…

On a second plus note, the OG six is there, so at least that´s good. I´d love to see Mateo Pascual back as composer as well. His music was a massive part of the experience.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Knowing the trajectory of Riccitiello’s career he will most likely find himself on the FCC board or some shit.

Also no shit that apology was written by ChatGPT I mean of course it was, they cheapened out with every other part of the game so why should the apology be any different?

6 Likes

And like that it’s over and Microsoft officially owns the series with the Airport Terrorist Mission.

Now let’s hope Microsoft doesn’t get over zealous and try to get more studios.

4 Likes