Ask HMF anything

How to complete Situs Inversus: Feats: Namaste?
According to an instruction, I have to turn the cold water off in the sauna, then set off the fire alarm.
I did it but the challenge wasn’t complete.

1 Like

You have to increase the onsen temperature as well.

6 Likes

You specifically? Nothing. Hitman Forum? Everything.

Hey, I blurred it for those too weak to gaze their eyes upon it.

7 Likes

@William1066 thanks but i deleted the comment because I found it, great to see the forum so eager to ruin everyone’s day :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

How to complete “One Last Time, Mr. Soders”?
I did exactly as an instruction video told me, but it wouldn’t work - no matter how I approach Soders’ surgery table, the interaction icon just wouldn’t appear.

Should I bring any items with me in the inventory to make it work?

1 Like

Which suit are you wearing? I believe that one requires that you be in 47’s Signature Suit. (Though I think the Blood Money and Absolution suits work as well.) Other suits, even the normal patient robes, won’t work.

4 Likes

Sorry mano, I’m on PS4, but I just looked ay what that game is and it sounds super fun.

1 Like

Not counting the Sniper mobile game – what do you think the next big piece of Hitman media will be?

• Game
  • Movie
  • Book

0 voters

I’m a bit torn between game/book but I could honestly see a book happening.

1 Like

What about the Hitman TV show from John Wick’s creator?

I think that’s going to happen next, it’s been in the works for a few years now so it could potentially come out before the next game. Closest option to it is movie so I’m going to vote that.

9 Likes

That was announced years ago and we have heard mum since. Either it is in production limbo or it is vapourware.

8 Likes

As it should be.

Though there was an article earlier this year about Agent 47 having hair…

7 Likes

Boo!!! Booo!!! 47 doesn’t have hair!

11 Likes

Let Hollywood ruin that for you.

I’m impressed IO or Eidos was okay to lend the wrights for a move back in 2007. There was an article with Gabe Newell on why he never allowed a Half-Life movie

Newell said, “There really were people who came to us with proposals of: ‘Okay, it’s Half-Life 1, and there are horses, and it’s a cavalry charge, and it’s high-tech carbon armor on the horses,’ and we were like, ‘What the fuck are you talking about? Have you even played this?”

Sums up Hollywood trying to come up with video game based movies. :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

Yea it’s all about coin though. That’s why they do it. Money money money.

I’m always impressed by the creators who write up contracts where they have mega control so they can at least try to make sure it’s not totally fucked up (like Rowling did with a Harry Potter) or the ones who just don’t allow it to happen (half life guy).

Do you remember Jimmy Bond who was an American Spy ??? :nauseated_face:

8 Likes

That’s why the movies failed. They made 47 this smarmy generic action hero when he actually has a wicked dry sense of humour and that’s what makes it so easy to love him. The older I get the more I think Hollywood is good at producing bland popcorn movies you can forget about as soon as you leave the theatre but things with depth need to be handed off to other, more capable writers.

9 Likes

I said this on HMF years ago, but I’ll say it again, I still think Paul Bettany would make a good 47 (I know most people would say Mark Strong) but Bettany is a great actor and with the right script and direction I think he could pull it off.

Two caveats though, I would like him to have no dialogue, so he would need to swallow his ego a little and just play the role strictly on facial and body language. (similar to Karl Urben when he played Dredd without the face reveal, which really helped with that character)

What I would have instead is to have Bateson sporadically narrate the film as 47’s inner dialogue in flashbacks, kinda like Contracts (but without as much rain lol)

Plot wise it would have to be the true genesis story, with Ort-Meyer, the cloning and the 5 fathers though as the other two movies messed that up completely.

I would have it as 47 looking back at his life and how he “came to be” in the asylum then his life as an assassin and the hits on his “fathers” and finally redemption (after killing Ort-Meyer) eventually fading into the ether, as he makes peace with “what” he is. (Silent Assassin-esqe)

A little of C47, SA and Contracts blended together.

Having said all that, it’s probably best that they just leave the movie-verse alone, as no one in Hollywood can ever seem to get it right.

6 Likes

Paul Bettany is a fine actor. I see what you’re pushing at with your idea but if he was going to play 47 I would just let him have the entire role including the dialogue.

I don’t think Mark Strong would be good as 47. He’s a fabulous actor too. One of my favs actually, but he is too charming even when he’s trying not to be.

1 Like

paul bettany is my dream casting for john constantine.

just thought you should all know that.

ahem

4 Likes

I think you’re 100% correct here. I believe there are plenty of good writers in Hollywood but neither Hitman movie had use of the writer it needed. Skip Woods wrote swordfish for Christ’s sake and who wrote the Rupert Friend Hitman?? Oh that was Skip Woods again? Clearly the intent was to launch an action franchise not make a solid dramatic movie.

3 Likes

There’s only one video-game adaptation that’s worth watching and thats Mortal Kombat from 1995, directed by… Paul W. S. Anderson of all people. It changes some minor details but respects the source material very and is a very enjoyable movie to watch, despite having a teen rating and therefore not much violence in it, but the fights are choreographed well.

The only thing that doesn’t hold up is the CGI, Reptile in particular, but its still a highly enjoyable movie.

8 Likes